SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Beautiful, Delicious Salad…etc.

Breakfast this morning was similar to yesterday. cheerios (with dried fruit) that I topped with 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup 1% milk and paired it with a cup of orange juice.

7272010 006

This morning I wasn’t craving my usual iced coffee, but instead wanted a little more of this from yesterday, since I enjoyed it so much! Lemons will definitely be on my shopping list from now on. Don’t you love my big cup from the Omaha zoo? ;)

7272010 007

My stomach was growling by the time of my first break. I had a slice of whole wheat toast topped with almond butter.

7272010 008

And now on to the Beautiful Delicious Salad…

*DRUM ROLL PLEASE*

Lunch was inspired by a recipe I found in a Kraft magazine. I had 2 cups of lettuce topped with 2 small peaches, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1.5 oz. chicken, 1 oz. Feta cheese, 1/2 oz. pecans and topped with Trader Joe’s Raspberry Vinaigrette. Yum!

7272010 011

I also had 1/2 serving of Trader Joe’s BBQ pop chips. These are SOOOO good.

7272010 010

A little later, I had this little juice box that I found a few weeks ago. It’s 100% pomegranate juice, not from concentrate. It’s only 27 calories for this little box. It was sweet and tart at the same time- I’d buy it again!

7272010 012

And snacked on some of these:

7272010 014

I was glad when it was time to sign out of work for the day! Lots of angry people being unreasonable today. But that’s my job and that’s why I’m in college- trying to get out of this dead end job!!

For supper I had grilled salmon, cucumbers, whole wheat bread topped with my homemade jam, green beans, and tomatoes. I love the yellow tomatoes- so sweet!

7272010 015

Dessert was light ice cream.

7272010 016

And I am out of points- but I didn’t go over! My salad was more points than I usually eat for lunch. But I don’t like to eat anything after supper on the night before WI anyways- I REALLLY want to meet 228 tomorrow. I was slightly up from last week this morning, but I usually lose on Wednesdays for some reason. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

I really had to push myself to workout tonight. But it makes me feel better about Weigh in tomorrow.

Tonight, I took my workout inside to the treadmill. It was so much cooler and sooo much less humid w/ the AC on. Ultimately, it was more enjoyable. But it’s kind of boring staring at the wall, that’s the only part I hate! I walked 1/4 mile, and then ran 1 full mile and finished it up walking 3/4 mile for a total of 2 miles in 33 minutes. I really want to get this 3 mile run in and I’m either lacking the energy or the motivation- and I’m hoping it’s not the motivation! I feel like a failure for not running the 3 miles- but I’ll get there. Right now, I’m just proud that I did something and burned 329 calories. That counts for something, right?

5 comments :

  1. I'm really impressed that you managed to get some movement in! Hope it's a bit cooler for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen Almond Butter here, is it like peanut butter, cause that I think I have seen in the Health shop where I buy my peanut butter???
    Am sorry I am a little out of it....as its not something growing up in South Africa I heard of either...

    Good you didnt go over your points...I find I am doing too much snacking on choco, or crisps, little amounts but they take me over daily, I have to stop that at eat fruit instead as fruit is free on our WW program..

    Good luck with your next weight in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful day of food! That salad looks delicious. Isn't it amazing how much good food you can eat?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad looks yummy, you really do inspire me to be more creative food wise! Congrats on getting movement in yesterday, and of course it counts siter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People can often be unreasonable and demanding.
    Good to know we can handle days like these!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...