SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 26, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

It’s so hard to get going on Mondays. But I rolled out of bed and had a light breakfast of 1 cup cheerios, 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1/2 cup blueberries. I have been parched for the last couple of days, despite drinking tons of water. So my goal for the day was to drink lots and lots of water. I had already drank 6 cups of water by 8 AM.

72610 001

I woke up with a headache, probably related to being so thirsty. So after breakfast I went back to sleep for another hour. I woke up feeling much more refreshed- but still dragging, because after all, it is Monday. :) I whipped up an iced coffee to start my morning off.

72610 002

Come break time, I was feeling hungry so I had 1/2 cup of cherries and 1 boiled egg. I was craving a boiled egg for some reason- Yum!

72610 003

With people missing at work today, we were super busy. But it made the time go by fast. For lunch I had 1 serving of whole wheat pasta and 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. I also had about 1/2 cup of green beans. It never ceases to amaze me how much whole wheat pasta you can have for so few points! And it really fills you up.

72610 004

I was craving something sweet, but was stuffed, so I mixed in a sugar free Orange Fruit Punch in some water.

72610 005

For my last break I had 7 wheat crackers with 1 Tbs. red pepper hummus for 2 points.

72610 006

and some of these delights.

72610 007

Just before I signed back in to work the UPS man delivered my product for my review of CSN Stores! Can’t wait to use it!

I brought back some delicious ice water with lemon.

72610 008

I save the majority of my points for supper and any snacks I want in the evening. I’m not hungry in the morning and afternoon and I’m eating plenty, but I find that I use more point in the evenings, which is fine.

For supper I had 2.5 oz grilled chicken topped with my homemade peachy mustard sauce, 2 corn on the cobs (we’re trying to eat this stuff before it goes bad, we have so much!), zucchini (ditto), and brown rice. It made for a delicious supper.

And I completely forgot to take a picture of it… and it was so pretty!

For dessert, I had homemade peach cobbler and a serving of vanilla ice cream.

72610 011

Hubby and I did a strength training workout for 20 minutes. This time I used 10 lb weights and could feel the burn a lot more than with the 8’s. I don’t want to get huge, I just want to tone my arms mostly. How do I know how much to do?

I have 3 points left over- I’ll probably have a little snack before bedtime. I’m glad that Monday is over!

7 comments :

  1. You won't get huge lifting weights unless you are taking steroids. Trust me. You will actually get smaller the more you lift because muscle is more compact than fat. Gradually increase your weights and don't worry about lifting heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - sorry!
    Not QUITE Friday yet.
    But your food looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt if you'll get huge with strength, after all there is no testosterone involved ;0! But I am totally for weights! Love'em ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals look great...am really enjoying your meal blogs..gives me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't get huge! I wish Tuesday was over. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off I just want to say congratulations on your weightloss thus far! That is absolutely amazing! Secondly I count points as well and have found it to be very successful! Thirdly your food looks divine and lastly you have a new follower!

    Have a fab night!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way too. Not very hungry in the morning or afternoon but starving by 6 PM. I'd been doing a protein rich breakfast, but if I move it to lunch or afternoon snack, I've found myself not being as hungry in the evening.

    PS - Those pear tomatoes look amazing!! Wish I was able to garden!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...