SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 19, 2010

Back On Track Monday

I must have been really tired last night because I slept like a baby. 5 AM came bright and early and I was ready to go.

For breakfast, I had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup of strawberries on top, with 1/2 cup of 1% milk. I drank 3 cups of water. Total points- 3.

71910 001

After hubby left, I headed out the door for my run. I had to keep talking myself through the run. I wanted to stop at a mile, and then 1.5 mile- but once I got past that- I knew that I could finish. I ran 2.5 miles this morning, which is Week 7: Day 2. I burned 519 calories. It took me a bout 33:40. I also walk to and from the path, so I add the calories burned together, but don’t count the time. Overall, it’s about 47 minutes. This may be TMI, but I had to go to the bathroom at mile 2, and I didn’t know if I was going to make it home! I ended up running some more on my way home. lol. My knees are a bit sore this morning, but I think my new shoes will help that when I earn them!

I read blogs and ate a small banana for 1.5 points.

71910 003

I also whipped up an iced coffee to sip on during my morning for 1.5 points.

71910 002

The morning went quickly. It rained a little bit. It’s a cloudy, gloomy day. I stepped outside to get the mail on my first break and couldn’t believe how cool it was out there- 70*. I had a Dannon Greek Yogurt for 2 points. These are a treat every once in a while, I just can’t spend $1 on one container of yogurt! But I love them!

71910 004

I had a small problem with my internet, but I was back to work in 7 minutes- I hope this doesn’t happen again! Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I had 5 Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Wings from Schwann’s for 5 points. I also had 1 cup of fresh green beans and 1/2 cup of pear tomatoes (from our garden!).

71910 005

For dessert, I had 2 small peaches for .5 point.

71910 006

I had a headache before lunch and wanted to wait to take something until after lunch in case I was just hungry or something. But the headache persisted. I get headaches when I exert myself, like when I ran this morning. Does anyone else get headaches later in the day after running or working out?

For my snack later, I had 1/2 cup each of blueberries, strawberries and peaches for 1 point.

71910 007

I also ate a boiled egg for 2 points.

71910 008

We were finally able to try out the new grill I won (earned) at work for doing my job well. :) Here it is!

71910 009

I had salmon, 2 corn on the cobs, zucchini and onions, a piece of wheat bread topped with homemade currant jam for 9 points. I love this time of year because EVERYTHING that I eat is fresh. All of the veggies eaten today are either out of our garden or my in-law’s. We get so many fresh fruits and veggies- it’s fabulous.

71910 013

For dessert, I had 1/2 serving vanilla ice cream and a No Pudge! Brownie for 3.5 points- SOOOOO good!

71910 014

I feel like I am eating so much- but I am paying attention to hunger signals and I’m satisfied. It’s amazing how much more you can eat when you eat lots of fruits and veggies.

I had a great day today. I am still loving being at home. I’m really hoping that they will let me continue after the 90 days or up or I am REALLY going to hate my job if I have to go back!! haha

Hubby and I are going to relax for the rest of the night. My planned snack is a serving of honeycomb. I don’t eat sugary cereal for breakfast anymore, but once in a while I like to eat it as a snack! 2 points.

71910 015

See you tomorrow!

3 comments :

  1. Its great to eat lot of fruits and veggies! I am stocking up fruits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job on your run!! you're doing SO well!! keep it up!! :)

    i just had my first serving of fresh green beans yesterday!! SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your foods, they different to what we get here in Germany, love how from country to country things look and taste different..even from South Africa to Germany things are so different.

    I see you are eating lots of SMALL meals..the best way, portion size is so important.
    Well done.
    Sorry been quiet this week...am so busy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...