SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Running Again

I finally got out there and went for a run. This was my first run since the 5k on Saturday. I exercised, but hadn’t run since.

And it felt good to run!

I went back to the C25K plan. Week 6, day 1. A total running distance of 1 3/4. I was pushing myself for sure. I burned 521 calories. I love the calorie burn I get from running!

I will be moving on to week 6: day 2 on my next run. I’m going to try to complete the program like it’s supposed to be done, 3 days a week, moving on to the next day after completing the one before. I think I am capable of it now, not that it won’t be hard!

Yesterday was another rainy day. On my way to work, we got about 5" of rain. There was flash flooding and it was like nothing I have ever seen before. I drove through water that I wouldn’t have driven through had I known how deep it would be! There were no rivers or creeks around, the water just had no where to go! Today looks like it’s going to be a sunny day though, so far!

Hope you’re all having wonderful weeks!

6 comments :

  1. great job getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I did c25k and ran every other day. After you finish c25k, check out the 1 hour runner program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep running, it becomes addictive ~ then you HAVE TO run!! ;)
    I try run everyday if I can, some short and some longer, depending on how hot it is and how I feel that day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via a link on someone elses page,

    WELL DONE TO YOU.

    I'm also a "50+ looser" and on rather a journey myself so I admire your determination. However, my thing is cycling, don't know what I would do without my exercise bike.

    Keep up the good work. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! I am just walking these days because of a knee issue, but I walk fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found your blog through a friends. I am currently trying to lose 50+ my self and start week 3 of the C25K prgram tonight. This program is awesome, loosing weight feels great but it's not easy! I can't wait to get to know you and read about your journey as well! Feel free to stop by my journal!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...