SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 23, 2011

Planting the Garden

Another weekend that went too fast! Make sure to check out my posts on the first long bike ride of the year, my Iced Latte recipe, and enter to win a $100 GNC gift card!!

For breakfast, I had a bowl of cheerios with a sliced banana and milk for 4 points.

52311 001

I just wasn’t very hungry yet! But a couple of hours later I was! So before signing in to work, I ate an AE Dairy Blueberry Greek Yogurt for 5 points.

52311 003

I also made an Iced Latte for 1 points plus- thanks to the recipe builder- this is how I’ll count it now!

52311 002

By my first break, I was really hungry—so I ate a piece of light toast with an egg on top for 3 points.

52311 004

I also had a cup of grapes for 0 points.

52311 005

For lunch, I had 3 stuffed clams and lots of green beans for 8 points.

52311 006

I also had FF/SF Vanilla pudding for 2 points.

52311 007

For supper, I had chicken, FF cottage cheese, German Brown Bread, and broccoli for 5 points.

52311 008

For dessert, I had a Strawberry Lemonade cupcake for 4 points.

52311 009

After supper, we headed outside to plant our garden for the year. We have a small garden and enjoy all of the produce each year!

52311 010

This year we planted our tomato and in a tub to make more room for other things.

52311 011

I hope the birds don’t get the strawberries before we do this year!

52311 012

Our raspberries and blackberries are doing well!

52311 013

And we even had some volunteer lettuce!

52311 014

Enough for a salad even!

52311 017

Hubby planting the seeds:

52311 016

Stay tuned to watch our garden grow! I’ll try to post pictures every now and then of how it’s coming along. I can’t wait for those fresh tomatoes!

I have 2 points left for the day for a small snack. Now we’re going to relax and get caught up on the BL!! Smile

9 comments :

  1. I love that you are doing points as well! So many blogs count calories, and I think points are so much simpler and easier and without the scary numbers. My husband and I also just planted our garden starters ( we start with seeds) and we've gotten so much rain in the last week and they grew sooo much that we are going to have to pot them soon! Great job on your eating - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you sound just like me. I've got 1 point left for the day am browsing Weight loss blogs as I watch biggest loser on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- just read your About Me and Weigh-In. You go girl! Congrats! I am planning on doing my first 5k this Sunday, but I can't run the whole the thing. I don't even think I can run a mile a straight yet. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious of your berries. Isn't gardening grand? May you and your hubby have a plentiful harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to have a garden! I'll be asking for gardening tips! I hope I inherited a green thumb from my parents :)

    Yummy and healthy food choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alissa,
    Can't wait to see the garden grow! Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, snap! Your husband is cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to your garden's progress pics! I so want to grow some herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MmMmMMMMMmm Strawberries. Delicious! Raspberries and Blackberries are great fruit too. Great for you. Thin-skinned berries have a ton of antioxidants within them, and can help reduce bodyfat.

    Great call!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...