SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 2, 2011

When One Door Closes…

It’s Monday once again. The weekend always goes so quickly! I’m looking forward to this week because it’s finals week- and that means that I am ALMOST done with all of the stress of school for a good 3 months!

This weekend I cut some of the tulips from my flower garden and put them in a vase. They are so pretty and brightly colored!

5211 002

So nice to look at as I ate my breakfast this morning. I had oatmeal with 1/2 a sliced banana and peanut butter, along with a glass of milk for 10 points.

5211 001

Someone asked me what kind of peanut butter I use, I always use the natural peanut butters now- and right now I’m using Trader Joe’s. I weigh my peanut butter to determine the serving size most of the time. I highly recommend a food scale!

After hubby left, I hopped on the treadmill for a quick 20 minute walk to earn some extra steps! I walked 1 mile and burned 136 calories.

I am going to post a picture of my steps for the previous day to help keep me accountable. So here are the steps for May 1st:

5211 003

I got this pedometer on eBay a long time ago!

Before signing in to work, I brewed some coffee and added milk for 1 point.

5211 004

On my first break, I decided to head out for a quick 10 minute walk. I burned 56 calories and walked .6 mile. I earned over 1000 extra steps- so every little bit helps!

I also snacked on an apple and a string cheese stick for 1 point.

5211 005

For lunch, I had 2 grilled tuna and Swiss sandwiches for 11 points. A protein packed lunch!

5211 006

The tuna was hickory smoked and SO good!

For dessert, I had some strawberry rhubarb “sauce.” Hubby made it and greatly reduced the sugar so it’s more like a Jell-O consistency- but SO GOOD! Stay tuned for the recipe! I had a small serving for 1 point.

5211 007

On my last break, I headed out for another walk. I walked .6 miles again and burned 63 calories. For some reason my HR was a little higher than my walk this morning so I burned 13 more calories in the same time. Weird!

And then I finished up the work day. I was asked to come back in and do some more activities for the interviewing process for the job I applied for- and then I found out I was informed wrong and I won’t be able to do the job while I’m in school. So what a waste of my time and energy! But, my boss told me I did great in my interview- so that was encouraging! It was also nice to know I was still being considered for the job- but that’s all over now. I’m using this as a sign that there are bigger and better things out there for me and I am going to pursue my love of writing, after all- it’s what I’ve gone to school for! So if any of you have ANY information or tips on independent contract work- I’d love to hear from you!! You know what they say, when one door closes- another opens up!

When hubby got home from work, we headed out for a walk. We walked 2.26 miles in 42:47 and I burned 237 calories. I went over 10,000 steps- so I have met my goal for 2 days in a row!

So in total today:

I walked 4.46 miles as exercise only (more as part of just daily steps).

I burned 492 calories during the exercise.

It’s amazing how the little things add up!!

For supper, I had a BBQ chicken salad with flax seeds and feta cheese along with a slice of German black bread for 8 points.

5211 008

For dessert, I had a small serving of Rhubarb sauce for 1 points.

5211 009

And that’s it for the day! Hope you had a great Monday!

10 comments :

  1. Great job getting those steps in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the steps and the interview! It's too bad that you weren't eligible for the new job. Keep working on your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tulips look beautiful!!!
    Great job on your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very good you are keeping me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything happens for a reason, you are right, bigger and better things are ahead! Lovely tulips, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tulips!
    I love the idea of taking little walking breaks during the day; every little bit helps!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of steps! I had a pedometer, but it ran out of batteries and I haven't replaced them. I really need to! Your food and flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...