SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pilates x2, a Walk, and a 5K

For breakfast, I had flax seed bread with peanut butter and sliced banana along with a glass of milk for 10 points.

51711 001

For a quick workout this morning, I did 20 minutes of Pilates for the Abs, Buns and Legs. I LOVE Pilates. It’s not a huge calorie burn for me but it feels so good on my muscles. I burned 89 calories- but this isn’t cardio! My body felt so good afterwards.

And then it was time for work! I made an iced latte for 2 points.

51711 002

I will be sharing the recipe for this soon! Some of you have asked for it- and I plan on doing a post on how I make them- they’re very, very simple!

For my first break, I had a cup of grapes and a light string cheese stick for 1 point.

51711 003

For lunch, I had an egg beater omelet with ham and cheese (cooked with a little olive oil) and I topped it with salsa. I also had light yogurt with strawberries for a total of 6 points.

51711 004

On my last break, I went on a quick 10 minute walk. 55 calories burned and I walked .6 mile. It was beautiful outside!

I was feeling a bit hungry, and hadn’t had any veggies today- so I snacked on some carrots for 0 points.

51711 005

After work, I ate a Nature Valley Granola thin for 2 points.

51711 006

I was still hungry- so I ate an apple for 0 points plus.

51711 007

While waiting for hubby to get home, I did 22 more minutes of Pilates and burned 108 calories. This time I did Pilates Sculpt and Burn. Did I mention that I LOVE Pilates? Smile

And then hubby and I had to head out to a nearby town because he had band practice tonight. We ate at Subway for supper. I had an Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Salad with Sweet Onion Sauce for 4 Points.

51711 008

This was pretty good- but I think I would have been more satisfied had I added cheese- but I wanted to save my points for an ice cream cone later.

And then I had to get a few groceries. I was still hungry, so I ate a banana for 0 points.

51711 009

And then I ran. I ran around the town- and ended up running a 5K distance! It was up and down hills- which was new to me! I actually liked running the hills- it made me feel so strong. It made my legs feel so powerful to be able to pull me up those hills! I ran it in 41:35 and burned 545 calories! Here’s me post run:

51711 011

Whew- so red faced! Today was a great day of workouts for me with 797 calories burned. Not too shabby! Smile

Once hubby was done with practice, we drove through Dairy Queen and I got a small chocolate cone for 6 points.

51711 010

SO good. And I didn’t have to feel guilty! I actually still have 2 points left for the day. I’m finally staying within my daily points and that feels great! Smile It feels awesome to be back in control. Tomorrow is WI day and I’m hoping for the best!

10 comments :

  1. We were talking about this today at my WW meeting. Eating too much fruit. I think you are eating too much fruit. You know that you are only suppose to have 5-7 of fruits and veggies a day? One serving of fruit is a 1/2 cup. A banana counts as 2 servings, your cup of grapes is 2 servings. Your banana in the afternoon is another 2 servings.Your apple is another serving. Your strawberries is another serving. So you just had 8 servings of fruit. That is way too much in oneday. I think you need to cut them back a bit. It might help you with your weight loss. Plus another thing my WW leader said is when we are grocery store shopping is to pick the smallest fruit we can find. Small apples, small bananas.
    I know people don't get obese with eating too much fruit but on WW you can over do the fruit portion.
    But take my advice with a grain of salt.
    I was like you eating too much fruit and I think it is stalling my weight loss and I am going to cut my back this week and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are amazing! Such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just gonna ask how you made the iced latte ;)
    the subway salad actually looks good! I love cheese on my salads too. I also love pilates and ice cream. Hahaha. I feel like a stalker.
    great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the pilates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ice cream!

    Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you squeezed in a bunch of exercises through out your day and finished off with a great run! Good job! You deserve that ice cream cone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great day!!!! Amazing calorie burn too :) Good luck with your weigh in.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew what a great day!!! I'm tired just reading about all the exercise you did today. The time on your run was impressive...great job!! I'm going to try and get Pilates into my workout again...I love them too but!!!
    Betta

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, every time I see a post of yours I just get really jealous of the freedom of food that your diet allows you. It always looks so delicious and being able to work in a snack or twisty cone every once in a while is just great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...