SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Something’s Fishy

For breakfast, I had a bowl of oatmeal with a sliced banana along with a glass of milk for 7 points.

52411 001

Before signing in to work, I made an iced latte for 1 point.

52411 002

I had a frustrating morning—which really doesn’t help work go very quickly!

For my first break, I ate 5 Ak Mak crackers with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for 4 points.

52411 003

A very satisfying snack!

For lunch, I made up a random salad with fresh lettuce from the garden, tuna, mandarin oranges, chopped pecans, feta cheese, and 0% Fage mixed with a little honey mustard for a total of 10 points.

52411 004

I also had a serving of honey wheat pretzels for 3 points.

52411 005

And dessert was FF/SF pudding for 2 points.

52411 006

Once work was finally over, I made sure to exercise first thing. I pulled out the Denise Austin Burn Fat Fast: Cardio, Dance and Sculpt workout DVD. I did the warm up, cardio and cool down for 30 minutes and burned 160 calories. I was covered in sweat when I was done! whew!

For supper, I had salmon, carrots, FF cottage cheese, and a slice of light bread with light margarine and rhubarb jam for 6 points. I had lots of fish today, I guess!

52411 009

For dessert, I had a strawberry shortcake- and I did end up using some regular whipped cream for a total of 4 points.

52411 010

I used 3 weekly points today. I’ve had a really good week this week—but I’m not so sure how WI will go. But the important thing is becoming more healthy- the scale isn’t the only indicator of success. I’m sure my body loves me for all of the exercise I got this past week:

52411 007

And that doesn’t count today’s workout!

But I still hope that scale shows me some love tomorrow!

Don’t forget to enter to win the $100 GNC gift card giveaway. I’m surprised more of you haven’t entered to win!! This is such a great deal. I had so much fun picking out everything that I wanted to order online and I can’t wait to receive it in the mail!!

9 comments :

  1. Your salad looks super yummy today :) I wasn't sure about entering the GNC giveaway since I had won your last giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so dedicated. You work from home right? I am a stay at home mom and snack too much. Guess I shouldn't bring it in the house! Good luck on weigh in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great week of exercise! You're right about the scale, Alissa! Only one tool in this journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. You're food looks yummy. Love the latte. Going to have to try that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. made a latte last night was amazing!!! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fage with honey mustard? I think i may need to try that. You work from home!!! Omg!!! Totally have a new respect for you, i would have such a hard time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut Butter is one of my favorite little snacks! Upgrading a little bit from the Skippy to the all-natural kind (with only peanuts, oil and salt as ingredients) can cut out a lot of the sugary waste you find in most PBs.

    Also, look into Almond Butter. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eating all of that fish is so good for you! People don't get nearly enough Omega-3 fatty acids, and fish is a primary source for that. Have you noticed any improvements in your skin since you started eating more fish??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...