SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

All About the Leftovers

It’s weigh in day. This week was a crazy one and I didn’t know what to expect. But I lost 1.8 lbs. this week! I weighed in at 207.8, so thankfully below that 80 lb. goal again. Seeing that number was so motivating to me. My weight has been holding steady in the 209’s and it was so frustrating. So Yay for WI day today!

For breakfast, I had a bowl of cheerios and Kashi strawberry fields with milk and a banana for 4 points.

51111 001

It was in the 90’s yesterday and so hot. When it’s hot, all I want is cereal for breakfast.

After hubby left, I made myself get dressed and ready for a walk. This takes some time! HR monitor on and working- check. Workout clothes- check. Sports bra- check. Socks- check. Shoes- check. And I walked out the door to find it was raining. But I decided whatever- I’m going anyway. There wasn’t any lightning, so it was safe at least. I brought my umbrella but only had to use it a little while- it just sprinkled most of the time, which doesn’t bother me and my messy, sleepy hair. It was muggy and HOT though. 74 degrees at only 6 AM!

It was the perfect small town walk. The mornings in this town are something different than the rest of the day. Old men gathered in the coffee shop watching the weather. I could hear cows mooing on the outskirts of town. Spring flowers still in bloom. Flowering trees giving off a sweet fragrance. The night shift EMT on the sidewalk outside the station whistling, cheerfully greeting me with a good morning when I walked by. It’s a different town in the morning- and so quiet. I enjoyed my  walk. Smile 

I walked 1.6 miles in 30 minutes. I burned 189 calories. Not to mention, I got more steps in this walk alone than I did all day yesterday. Sad, but true.

Before signing in to work- I made an iced latte for 2 points. I LOOOVE these and it’s that time of year again!

51111 002

On my first break, I ate a South Beach Protein Fit bar for 4 points.

51111 003

For lunch, I had leftovers. Baked Ziti and broccoli salad for 9 points.

51111 005

For dessert, I had rhubarb sauce for 3 points.

51111 006

And then I had a couple spoonfuls of hot fudge. Why? I don’t know. I think I might have to keep this stuff out of the house for a while. 3 points.

After the workday was over, I snacked on a cup of grapes for 0 points.

51111 007

For supper, I had leftover BBQ chicken pizza and a salad with light ranch, which I am estimating at 10 points.

51111 010

51111 008

I also had Raspberry Lemonade, which I watered down- much more to my liking- for 2 points.

51111 009

For dessert, I had FF/SF Butterscotch pudding for 2 points.

51111 011

So a day with lots of leftovers! I drank plenty of water today and that always makes me feel good.

I used 6 weekly points today- so not too bad- but if I hadn’t eaten the hot fudge, it would have only been 3 weekly points. I’m going to try harder to exercise some self control! The reason taking pictures has been so effective for me is because I feel like I am always being held accountable. Well lately, I eat something- feeling guilty about it I don’t take a picture- but I’m still being honest on my blog and writing about it afterwards. Maybe if I REQUIRE myself to take a picture, that will help. That’s my goal tomorrow. I want to get to ONEDERLAND!!

18 comments :

  1. Congrats on the 1.8 lbs! You will see onederland soon :) I'm so excited for you!
    Great job taking pix of your food to stay accountable (yummy food by the way!)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I know what you mean about the ticker and getting back to that number. I was feeling that same way last week.

    Keep it up Alissa! You are doing great my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend & I have walked consistently on M-W-F at 530am since late October... people think we are crazy when we walk in the rain (no thunder or lightning of course) -- but we've been determined not to let the weather be an excuse... and yes, we were the fools in the single digits walking and the snow too! :)

    KUDOS to you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss!
    I love walking around really early in the morning--everything is so different!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great WI congratulations....you are doing amazing!! Once again I am reminded how hard it is to shed the pounds and 1.8 is huge I am happy if I see a couple oz come off. You inspire me to do better!!!

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be really thirsty because I think the Raspberry Lemonade was the best looking thing on your post :)
    Congrats on the WI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weigh in!! 80 lbs down?! Wow such a success story thus far!! Your leftovers look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love small town walks too. Congratulations on your loss. I agree with Jennifer--yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food looks fantastic! No wonder why you had a loss! You ate tasty food that was healthy for you.

    GO, GO! You're doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your weigh in!!! WEIGH to go Alissa!!! (oh groan - that was BAAAD) :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of your small town walk - it sounds so peaceful, I always wanted to live in a small town =) ... Great job on the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a great weigh in! *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome weigh in congrats!!! Now I want lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh do I want that iced coffee! and 1.8 pounds is GREAT! Onederland is getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck getting to onederland! :)

    Food looks so yummy! I had leftovers for dinner today too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how do you make your iced coffee looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now every time I go out with friends,
    They stop - before they eat-
    And ask if I want to get a picture of ALL the food!
    My reputation precedes me!
    Or follows me- one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...