SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Iced Latte- 1-2 Points Plus- Recipe Week 18

Latte 009

Ingredients:

Latte 001

  • About 2 Cups cold coffee- I make a pot ahead of time and put it in a pitcher in the fridge for the week.
  • 1/4 cup 1% milk
  • 1 Tbs. of your favorite creamer- I used Sugar Free French Vanilla in this example
  • 2 cups ice
  • 1 packet sweetener (optional)

Directions:

1. Fill your cup with ice until it’s about 3/4 full. All of the amounts in this recipe will vary depending on the size of cup that you use.

Latte 003

2. Add the coffee.

Latte 005

3. Add 1/4 cup 1% milk and 1 Tbs. creamer

Latte 007

4. Add sweetener if you want it, although most creamers are pretty sweet as they are!

Latte 008

5. Mix it all up and enjoy!

Latte 009

I always count mine as 2 Points Plus—but when I entered the information into the recipe builder on WW it only comes up as 1 Point Plus, despite the fact that the 1/4 cup of milk is 1 Point Plus and the creamer is 1 Point Plus. So how would you count this? The math on that recipe builder just never adds up!

10 comments :

  1. Can you interpret that into calories please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. I am far to lazy to make one so you should send it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to make a good iced coffee for a while now and it's always been a fail. I need to get my coffee cold before trying to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so glad you posted this!! I am CRAZY addicted to iced coffee...so this recipe will be an amazing money saver for me as I can stop getting my caffeine fix from McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks sooo good and I don't even drink coffee!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be trying this soo soon and I know I will love it.

    As for the recipe builder, it's a rounding thing. The milk and the creamer are each between .5 and one point. When the fractions of a point are added together, they come out to less than 1.5 which is rounded down to 1. Honestly, I would play with it depending on the day. If you're having a day where you could really use the extra point for something else, count it as one, if you've got room to move, go for two. That's how I work it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping over from Pinterest! Not sure if you'll see this, but I make mine like yours and add a tsp. (or more depending on my chocolate need)of cocoa powder. It has no sugar and I'm pretty sure, no calories. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower, I am addicted to ice coffee and cappunico's. This is a must try for me. Looked at all your other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look soooo yum! must try one and save myself some $$ by avoiding over priced drinks from popular coffe chains (ahem, NOT going to mention names lols!) I found this low cal recipe for coffe with a kick- if you are in need of a little extra BOOM for your day hehe :) enjoy! bit.ly/rMZyg5

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...