SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Good Day

For breakfast this morning I had a bagel thin egg sandwich with ham and Swiss cheese along with a glass of milk for 11 points total.

5311 001

I spent some time in the morning getting some household chores taken care of. Laundry, dishes, cleaning, I even cleaned out the fridge. But all the while I knew I needed to get working on my final paper that is due tomorrow morning.

So I got to it. While I worked on my paper, I sipped on a small cup of coffee with 2 Tbs. milk for 0 points.

5311 002

I got my part of the paper finished and now I just have to wait for my partner to finish his so that I can compile it all together and edit it.

I did more housework and then decided to head out for some groceries. I love grocery shopping. I haven’t posted a picture of my groceries in a long time- so here you are- for your viewing pleasure. Winking smile

5311 003

Lots of goodies!

I picked up a 6” turkey sub from Subway and brought it home. I ate my own chips and had my own iced tea- cheaper that way! This was 10 points.

5311 007

And since I hadn’t had any fruit yet, I made a big fruit bowl for dessert. 1 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries and 1 kiwi for 0 points.

5311 008

SO good too!

After that, I headed out to mow the lawn. I earned almost 3000 steps- so that’s good! It took me 50:48 and I burned 382 calories.

And I saw that I was still pretty far away from meeting my 10,000 steps- so I headed out for a walk- which actually turned into a run! I walked .7 miles warm up and cool down and ran 2 miles straight. Total workout time was 42 minutes and I burned 427 calories! It was just the perfect running day today. A nice breeze, but not too windy, blue skies and the sun shining. It felt great to be out there! Not only that, I went over my 10,000 steps a day while out there! I was afraid I wasn’t going to meet my goal today- but I did!

When I got home, I whipped up a green smoothie- I have missed these!! I used 2 oranges and 1 cup spinach for the fruits/veggies. 1 point.

5311 009

I was still hungry after my run, so I decided to try out a Nature’s Valley Granola Thin that I picked up at the store today. I had never seen these before! And they are only 2 points.

5311 010

They are small, but delicious!

And then, I just couldn’t stop craving almonds- so I had a serving for 5 points.

5311 012

Tonight I have plans to go out with some ladies from work. I have looked at the menu and have decided I am going to order grilled salmon. I’m going to make the best choices I can. I don’t want to ruin today’s hard work! But I also only have 4 points left- so I’m hoping that my activity today will make up for a few extra points eaten tonight!

Tomorrow is WI day- I’m hoping for the best!

**EDIT** I forgot to add the picture of my pedometer with yesterday’s steps:

steps 001

10 comments :

  1. Oo granola thins! Yum! I gotta try those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love almonds, they always seem to be the best snack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Granola thins... the chocolate ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love granola thins..i have not see the PB ones oh yummy i am hungry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of those in my cupboard - I need to pull them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job on the exercising can't wait to get started back on that as soon as school is done though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had mix of strawberries and pineapples yesterday and both were so good, i didn't want the bowl to end!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a fun night out with your colleagues! Good luck at WI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kinda new to following your blog and LOVE it! Saving up money to join WW myself. Can you tell me all the ingredients in your green smoothies? Do they have yogurt? Thanks so much and keep going! You're doing wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This all looks delicious! I use sandwich thins but maybe I'll try some bagel thins in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...