SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th Be with You

This week I gained 1.4 lbs. It’s frustrating when I have started to step it up the past few days, but the truth is- my entire week wasn’t perfect. But I’m not going to get upset and depressed about it because I know that I have begun to be more active and started to eat a lot healthier the past few days. With school coming to a close this week, my stress levels should drop and things should be a bit easier for me. But I don’t like to see gains! I know I keep saying this, but I’m going to give it all I’ve got this week. For realz! Winking smile

First off, I met my goal of at least 10,000 steps yesterday:

5411 008

For breakfast this morning, I had my standby: PB toast with banana and a glass of milk- 8 points.

5411 001

And then I headed to class. I’m not sure why we had to be there because we already turned in our final papers- but the professor thought he needed to teach a little more… waste of time! But he took attendance, so I’m glad I was there for that at least.

I made sure to park as far away as possible so I had a longer walk to class. I have to get those extra steps in and I knew with today’s schedule- it was going to be a challenge!

5411 002

That’s just the parking lot- I then have to walk across campus- so I got a lot of extra steps!

When I got home, I was SO hungry. I snacked on an egg white and a serving of cinnamon almonds for 5 points.

5411 003

And then I had to get some cleaning done.

I was so hungry, I decided I might as well eat a very early lunch and then use my lunch hour to go for a walk or something like that. So I made myself a taco salad for 7 points.

5411 004

For dessert, I had rhubarb sauce for 3 points.

5411 005

And then it was time to work!

On my lunch break, I headed out for a walk. I walked 1.5 miles in 26 minutes and burned 147 calories. It felt good to be outside!

When I got back, I had some coffee with creamer for 1 point.

5411 006

On my last break, I didn’t want to- but I headed out for an 11 minute walk. I walked .6 mile and burned 57 calories. I can honestly say that after a workout or a little activity, I never regret it.

When I got home, I quickly whipped up a green smoothie with 2 orange and 1 cup of spinach- 1 point.

5411 007

For supper, hubby brought home Subway. I had a 6” turkey and ham with Baked Cheddar Sour Cream Lay’s for 11 points.

5411 011

For dessert, I had a Blue Bunny Mint Grasshopper ice cream sandwich for 4 points.

5411 012

I used 7 weekly points today. I am not quite at my 10,000 step goal- but I’m very close! I will make sure I meet it by tonight!

I’ll leave you with a picture of all of the yellow finches on our bird feeder tonight- so pretty!

5411 009

8 comments :

  1. Don't you worry Alissa, you'll be down next week I'm sure! LOVE the finch pictures - they're pretty!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy food choices! I love the idea of a green shake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gold finches!

    Onederland seems to be a big sticking point for many people. It can take forever hanging around that area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures of the finches! Good job on getting in your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green shake looks yummy, I want to drink green :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you are making better choices and getting so much activity in! I think I need a pedometer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture of the birds! We need to get some kind of bird feeder in our backyard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had a gain this week :(
    Love the last picture with the finches!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...