SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I’m Shrinking!

If today would have been WI day, I would have had a loss…so it goes… Smile

But I do want to share how I AM making progress. A little NSV style. I took measurements this past weekend, which I hadn’t done since I met my 80 lb. goal. I have lost 6.5” in the last 10 lbs.! Unfortunately, 2 of those inches are from my bust- but that’s ok with me. lol My waist also shrunk 1 3/4”. Those were the two biggest places I’ve lost inches. I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t take measurements when I first began this journey, I started measuring at 30 lbs. lost. (and for whatever reason didn’t measure my bust until 50 lbs. lost) But since then, I have lost 22 1/4” total. Now that’s pretty good and that’s progress- however slow it is! That’s almost 2 feet! SmileAnd I’m sure if I knew what I measured at 288 lbs.- it’d be a lot more than that!

For breakfast this morning, I had PB toast with sliced banana and a glass of milk for 5 points.

52611 001

It was a COLD morning! I brewed some hot coffee with creamer for 1 point.

52611 002

Yesterday and today were back to wearing long sleeves. Brrr!

For a snack on my first break, I ate a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar for 6 points.

52611 005

For lunch, I had 1/2 of an Amy’s Vegetable Lasagna:

52611 003

I also had lettuce with light Italian for a total of 5 points.

52611 006

I actually liked the taste of this and it wasn’t very high in points!

I also had a bowl of strawberries and blueberries for 0 points.

52611 007

And then I proceeded to go out of control. Sugar cravings again. I had a couple spoonfuls of caramel, a few peanut butter chips and this Schwan’s mini Dark chocolate bar. I counted it all. 6 Points. That’s more points than my entire lunch! Why do I do this? I really need to take control and just say no. Or figure out what would satisfy this craving and just get it over with. What I’ve been craving is a brownie with chocolate frosting… Ok, enough of that talk!

52611 008

But I did have enough control not to eat anything on my last break.

I ended up working a couple hours overtime again tonight. At least my check will be nice! But it does take away from the time I plan on working out…

For supper, I had grilled pork loin topped with a little rhubarb mustard sauce I made, Schwan’s seasoned potato curls and asparagus for 7 points.

52611 009

That leaves me with 4 points left for the night.

Neither hubby nor I wanted to go for the run that we had planned on doing tonight. I was just going to skip my workout all together, but I felt guilty because I’ve already had my 2 “rest” days this week. I try to get in 5 days of exercise a week. So I decided to get in a little activity- even if it was just for 10 minutes. So I biked on the stationary bike for 10 minutes. I only burned 32 calories- but at least I did something. I really need to get a routine going again. But I can still turn things around this week yet. I’m just wondering—say I had a super long workout each week, like the 3 hour bike ride that I did last week, would that make up for other days of exercise? So if you planned on having an intense exercise session 1 day a week and then worked out as normal 3 other days instead of 4, would that be as effective? I’m thinking that the more activity you get- the better. So probably makes more sense to work out more days a week—what do you think?

Have you entered the $100 GNC gift card giveaway!? They have more than just vitamins for sale on their website! Workout DVDs, peanut butter, protein powder, etc.! Don’t forget you can tweet everyday for an additional entry!

13 comments :

  1. That's awesome! I love when measurements keep us going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the NSV. I think exercising is somewhat like studying for a test. 4 hours spread out over several days is better than cramming it in with one big study session before the test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non-scale victories definitely make my day :) so yay to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never did measure my waist, before or after! Food looks good!!! I see you banana/peanut butter combo's all the time... never tried it! I have to stay away from peanut butter. Whenever I eat peanut butter I ALWAYS gain that week, I think the kind I buy has cement in it!!! LOL

    keep up the great work

    Karla @ myweightin2010.blogspot.com

    (blogger is being a pain and keeps kicking me out!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of peanut butter do you use? I use PB2 which is only one point for 2 tblsp. I love it. That is a great combo. Also, that chocolate thing looks super delicious. lol

    It's not bad to exercise every other day. We try to walk every day. That's the only exercise I really have been doing lately, but it works.

    You are doing a great job. I say, if you have a craving for sweets, either eat some fruit or have the sweet you want and then stop. It's harder said than done, I know. I had my sweet night on Wednesday. But back to square one today.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Measurements are amazing! I like to workout more often than one really big one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Measurements are so useful! I use them instead of the scale as a sign of progress.
    i try to exercise every day. A couple of those days are light, light days--20 minutes of easy yoga, a walk, etc. But I don't like to break routine!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain. I've felt so lethargic this week, have no idea why, and only earned 38 exercise points. Last week was 46 and I was told not to gove over the WW recommended 42. Last week, I lost 2 pounds. This week I either stayed the same or even gained a bit. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have noticed I am able to stay on track through lunch but after 2 or 3 o'clock some kind of demon enters my body and I crave something sweet. I will follow all points and do good them WHAM! it hits me. Must be some kind of insulin plunge, but with all that said I understand doing good for most the the day then having something I shouldn't. Got to work on it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on NSV! They are just as important as the scale victories.
    I need to get control of my sweet intake. That is my biggest problem. Once I start, I don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for measurements!bits a great accomplishment! I need to take time to do that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big Big congratulations on the shrinkage!!! That is a true NSV!!!! Have a good Friday Alissa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...