SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

As usual, I’m going to do a recap of my day. Doing this keeps me accountable, so it is extra important on a day like today.

I woke up at about 5:45, I’ve become such a morning person anymore! But I was anticipating the 5k and I needed to get started on baking my part of the Thanksgiving dinner.

I was so happy when I stepped on the scale and weighed my LOWEST EVER! But I can’t count it because it’s not WI day. But this is why I weigh every single day- so I know how my weight fluctuates. I could have easily been so discouraged after gaining slightly yesterday, but since I know how my weight fluctuates- I kept going and then I got to see results this morning. Smile A great way to start the day!

First thing, I ate a banana and started filling up on water so I was ready for that 5k! 2 points.

112510 002

I really wanted to run this 5k outside with hubby, but when I saw the temps outside, I decided it would be best to take it inside to the treadmill. I know there are some of you hard core runners out there- but I’m not brave enough to go out there when it’s THIS cold!

image

So I hopped on the treadmill to run the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k. I did really well at the beginning, running at a good pace for 1.5 miles. I started to get really tired- I kept trying to push myself faster but my body just wasn’t having it today. So I alternated faster and then a slow jog- BUT I NEVER STOPPED RUNNING. That was my goal and I really struggled- BUT I DID IT! I finished in 44:36- definitely not my fastest (but faster than I walk for sure!), but I gave it my all today. I burned 550 calories.

112510 009

Hubby jumped on the treadmill after me to run his 5k. I was SO IMPRESSED by him. He always stays with me when we run but I don’t want to be holding him back anymore! He hasn’t trained and ran it in 29:40. WAY TO GO!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

112510 017

While he was running, I rode the stationary bike very leisurely as a cool off for. 5.5 miles in 30 minutes and burned another 250 calories- so I earned 8 AP’s this morning- NICE!

A good breakfast is always important, so I had a piece of toasted light bread topped with 1/2 a laughing cow cheese wedge and 1/4 cup of egg beaters along with 1/2 cup of light yogurt and 1/2 cup of blackberries for 2.5 points- NICE!

112510 023

And then we were off to hubby’s parent’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. I laughed SO hard when hubby said, I wonder if that guy has to bring his table to Thanksgiving? and I looked up and saw this:

112510 025

I don’t know why that struck me as so funny. lol

I didn’t feel comfortable taking pictures of what I ate, which was disappointing. I watched what I ate, skipping the rolls/butter and mashed potatoes. I ate about 1/2 cup servings of everything, very small amounts. But that kind of food REALLY adds up. We had turkey, corn casserole, stuffing, cranberry salad, green bean casserole, spinach filled phyllo cups, and sweet potatoes. I also had 1 slice of pecan pie for dessert and that alone is 12 points. So I ended up using 31 points total- WOW, that’s a lot of points for actually WATCHING what I was eating- I wonder how many points I USED to eat!

I did get a picture of the table though…for what it’s worth. lol

112510 026

I contributed the green bean casserole- which I lightened up to 1 point per serving and I thought it tasted fine and I got some compliments on it. And then I also made the spinach phyllo cups- 1 point each. This was the first time making these and they are SO GOOD. I will be sharing the recipe sometime soon!

112510 024

We stayed for quite a while. We looked through old photo albums. It was funny seeing hubby as a little boy and teenager! hehe

When we came home, I was feeling snacky, so I ate a 100 calorie bag of Jolly Time Healthy Popcorn while we watched an episode of Modern Family. 1 point.

We ate an early supper so that I wouldn’t snack anymore. I made up turkey wraps and we had more green bean casserole along with a slice of crustless pumpkin pie for 9.5 points total.

So I am ending out the  day with weekly points left over- so it was a success. I feel like I could have done better, but it’s just one of those days where you don’t have control over EVERYTHING. Plus, it’s a holiday with traditions. I told hubby I felt like a failure today. I obviously have some issues with food. I don’t want to attach emotions to food and identify foods as “good” or “bad” because I don’t feel that’s healthy. But I must be doing it subconsciously. I don’t like feeling like that. Hubby had to remind me that I did wonderfully today and I even ran a 5k. He hugged me and told me it’s just one day and I did great. Awww Smile I feel like I didn’t miss out on anything- but I ate everything in moderation. But as always, I’m ready to eat super healthy tomorrow!

Please don’t forget to send me your info and pictures for the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k! (Bloggergirl23@aol.com). The winner will be chosen Saturday- but you have to email me your info by 6 PM Saturday night to be entered into the giveaway!

Have a fantastic weekend- I plan to resume my normal picture blogging tomorrow. Smile I’m sorry I don’t have many pictures today. I am disappointed I wasn’t able to get pictures at lunch and then I kind of decided to forget it after that. Next year!

BTW, hubby and I busted out the Christmas music as we cleaned the kitchen tonight! Lots to look forward to in the next month!!

15 comments :

  1. Lovely table-scape!
    And here's to a great month!
    Onward and downward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to start thanksgiving! With a 5K run! I bet it was fun :) Good job on taking control over food. That's so important. I guess the cleaning and the 5K will neutralize the lunch :D

    BTW I move the idea of Hubby and you cleaning together! Must suggest this idea to my man and see how he takes it (wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did great :) Your hubby is right it is just one day. Also the spinach phyllo cups look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got your exercise in and it sounds like you did really well at not overdoing it. And your hubby supporting you is just further proof of how well you did. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed that you both ran 5K on Thanksgiving. You guys rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day! Congrats on the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the scale!

    Great job on the treadmill, Alissa! So cool that you and the hubby work out together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I would say it sounds like you did fantastic on TG. The fact that you ran the 5K alone is huge. Then that you only ate small helpings and thought about what you ate is another thing altogether. I know if we had had a TG dinner, I would not have been able to do that so good job!

    The truck with the table in the back is pretty funny. I had to laugh on our way up to the Dells - there was a car jam packed full of 24 packs of beer! I guess they had to bring the beer to TG dinner?!? :) Have fun with mom and dad. - Angie

    PS Ill email you my Healthy Blogger 5K picture today! Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job today! I ran inside as well as 18 was just too cold for me LOL! I'll send my info and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 5K, and your restraint at the lunch!!!! Looks like it was a great Thanksgiving! and I'm really looking forward to the spinach/phylo recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing!! I had a banana before I did mine too :) I can't wait to see the recipe for the spinach phyllo cups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to that recipe too. The spinach/ phylo one. We can't get spinach here very often, but I do love it!
    Good job on the 5k!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did my 10k! 1:24. Really, I'm that slow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you did great and like you said it's only ONE meal....I've been hearing that a lot these days from Neal but it's so hard for me to stop eating these days that every meal turns into one of those meals. I know I have a good reason but really I'm not listening to my body I'm just eating and overeating.

    Betta

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...