SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time is Love

I had a couple of meetings today so I had to go into the office—so no picture post today.

Today was my weigh in day and I gained, as expected. But the good news is that I have consistently lost weight since Monday.

As you know, working at the office has become a challenge for me since it had become regular. My morning was rocky, but it improved as the day went on. Unfortunately, my will power was not strong enough to keep me from eating a handful of M&M’s and a small package of Nutter Butters. I counted every point though, and at the end of the day, I used 7 weekly points.

How did I feel when I ate those foods? What prompted it? I was tired. I was feeling sad and anxious. The carrots I had packed in my lunch bag weren’t appealing enough to keep me out of the break room.

But I’m not being hard on myself. I know that it will get easier now that I should be home most days. I don’t know when I will have to go back—it just depends on when meetings come up.

I need the time at home to focus and feel at peace again. Quietness does that for me. And music, I’ve been listening to a lot of music lately. The exercise helped yesterday. It was sunny today, and that helped lift my spirits too. I also find peace in prayer and talking to God. That’s my one anchor. He always understands.

At the moment, I am feeling better. Despite a not-so-perfect day, I am happy with my day. I counted every point that I ate, and I’ll be alright. Quite honestly, losing weight is important, but it’s not the most important thing in life.

And I want to share this song with you—“Time is Love” and it sure is. I told my husband to tell his boss this…doubt it’d work. But this song is perfect for our life these days.

Time is Love

4 comments :

  1. It's great that you counted all your points today! You are right - weight loss is important but not the most important.

    The mental battle of weight loss is the hardest part - keep talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree there are lots of mental issues surrounded by weight loss because the reality is the issues are much, much deeper than the weight.

    Have you ever considered counseling either with a mental health provider or pastoral staff in your church? It's amazing what a few therapy sessions with someone can do.

    As a society, I think we have attached such a bad stigma with "mental" health that people are uncomfortable even acknwoledging they may need someone to talk to or guide them through the storms they are facing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you are so lucky you have the option to work from home! I hate that 3 o clock slump at work! Its the worst, I am doing much better with the vending machine though I have been bringing red grapes and sharp cheddar cheese to much on and it has really helped even though I sometimes eat it around 5pm before the gym...also coffee helps me get through it !! LOL you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still sending warm wishes your way Alissa.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...