SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Good Day

I had a nice and relaxing morning. I really needed my sleep this morning, so I slept a bit later than usual. Sometimes you just know when sleep is what your body needs..and I tend to listen, if at all possible!

For breakfast, I ate an egg, a Van’s waffle (topped with sliced bananas and maple syrup), and skim milk.

3713NP 005

While working, I sipped on some of this coffee:

3713NP 004

It was a really pretty winter morning! It was BITTER cold and a thick fog graced the snow covered ground. As a result, we had frost on the trees, turning the outdoors into a winter wonderland.

3713NP 007

For my snack, I ate a KIND bar. I got this weird aftertaste when I ate this one. Like a chemical taste. I wonder what would cause that? First time that has happened!

3713NP 008

For lunch, I ate tuna with light miracle whip and a side of squash.

3713NP 013

Here’s the tuna, it’s from Aldi. The only ingredient I didn’t recognize was the pyrophosphate.

3713NP 0093713NP 010

I did a little research and didn’t yield a whole lot of profitable results, except that it seems it is used to retain color in canned seafood. I did, however, find this useful guide that shows which brands of tuna do not have such additives. My kittens didn’t care too much about the pyrophosphates. Winking smile

3713NP 012

Speaking of which, hubby was getting after me recently and telling me I must be feeding the cats too much. “nahhhh,” I said. Well today, when my cat, Daisy, ran (in anticipation of getting fed), her stomach jiggled from side to side. lol. I’m not the only one around here! I didn’t have the heart to tell her. We all look silly when we run. Winking smileI guess I better ease off on the food!! I have just been filling the cup up and dumping (I think it’s about 1 cup), twice per day. I better make sure I’m only giving them the right amount.

Later on in the afternoon, I ate a snack of sliced apples and peanut butter.

3713NP 014

I’m pretty excited because I was asked to be a photographer for a local corporation. I submitted my proposal and they accepted it! So now I am officially a technical writer, a reporter, and a photographer. Smile

Of course, I had to drink my afternoon cup of joe.

3713NP 015

After work, I talked to my sister on the phone. Nice to chat!

I had three stories to cover for Job #2. In between two of them I had a little time to kill, so I did a little shopping at the local shops. I fell in love with this, so I bought it. Only $6. This store is like Pinterest come to life. I LOVE it. This vase was hand painted and repurposed.

flower 001

After finishing the events, running an errand, and doing some chores, I sat down to eat my late supper. I had ham soup, which I had cooking in the crock pot all day. SO.GOOD.

3713NP 042

I also ate a slice of TJ’s bread with pumpkin spice creamer. The photo is a bit blurry—sorry! Care for a bite? Smile

3713NP 045

So there’s my day! I didn’t get many veggies in today…whoops! I’ll do better tomorrow!

One day at a time. I felt much more in control and a much more peaceful today. ahhhh.

6 comments :

  1. I love that "dots" cup! The snowy pic looks so, so pretty. My 2 older cats are so fat that people call them bobcats and lions. But it's not my fault! They are mainly outdoor cats now. They get 1 cup of food 2x a day to share. I constantly see them eating moles, mice, or birds from the neighborhood!!! Piggies! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vase is so cute!

    Congratulations on the new job! We all know you are good at taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job - that's exciting. I'm the family photographer but that's about the extent of my abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great day! i love the vase girl! your kitty is so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job. I liked the wintery picture with the tree. Seattle had a very mild winter this year, maybe one or two light snow days. Would have loved one good downfall that would stick around for a few days. Maybe next year.

    Hope you continue to feel in control and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! How exciting!

    I have noticed our cat is a little "fluffy" lately. Warmer weather is coming so hopefully she will get trim when she starts going outside again. My Hubby says I over feed too... But I don't want her to be hungry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...