SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weigh in Day—A Week on Track and the Results Don’t Match

This week, I counted my points and was mindful about what I ate. I stuck to the plan and ended the week with weekly points left over and worked out 5 days, earning many Activity Points. The results? I gained .8 lb. I was very disappointed when I saw that gain. How can I do everything right and STILL gain? I’m not angry at myself this week, because I know that I followed the plan. But WHY did I gain? Especially after many weeks of going over my points, not exercising enough, etc. You’d think that this on track week would have made me lose. One thing that might be messing with my body is that I switched to a new kind of birth control pill on Sunday and my body might be out of whack hormone wise. I have been drinking lots of water, as usual, but have remained puffy for a few days. My ring is tight, etc. So, the plan is to keep doing what I’m doing and hopefully I will see a loss next week. If I don’t, then I will consider some changes. Just thinking about changes right now is overwhelming to me. I have a lot going on in my life right now and changes take preparation, planning and time—that I don’t have right now!

For breakfast this morning, I ate oatmeal topped with 1 Tbs. milled flax and a sliced banana along with a glass of milk for 8 points.

11211 001

I had this really funny dream the other day. Well, it wasn’t funny during the dream but it was funny after the fact. I had a dream that Bob Harper was at school in one of my classes and I wanted to talk to him kind of privately about my weight loss issues, but everyone kept listening to what I was saying and I got embarrassed and I never got my answers from Bob Harper because everyone kept interrupting me! lol Really funny because I hadn’t watched Biggest Loser or anything that night. I guess I need Bob Harper to help me!! Speaking of, Bob Harper tweeted today, “Healthy is not a number. It’s a lifestyle.” And isn’t that what it’s all about?

While working, I sipped on Chocolate Raspberry with FF Vanilla coffee with creamer for 1 point.

11211 002

On my first break, I ate 1/2 oz. of dry roasted peanuts and a WW string cheese for 3 points.

11211 003

For lunch, I made a salad with lettuce, teriyaki chicken wings, gorgonzola and pear vinaigrette for 7 points.

11211 004

For dessert, I had a Fiber One brownie for 2 points.

11211 005

On my break, I ate an apple with caramel for 3 points.

11211 006

I didn’t get a chance to calculate my points for lunch and my snack until after I had eaten them and was shocked when I saw I only has 8 points left for the day!

I was so hungry on my last break, so I ate a banana for 0 points to try to curb the hunger because I still had quite a few hours until supper!

11211 007

But I was still hungry, so I ate a wrap heated up with cheese and turkey for 3 points.

11211 008

And that was delicious and helped with the hunger. As you can see, I was trying to eat more protein today. I’m not sure I was all that successful, but I tried!

It turned out to be a cold and rainy day today! We have snow in the forecast for tonight. ick! But it is November, so it’s almost time for those winter storms. Sad smile

For supper, I made parmesan chicken with green beans and light garlic toast for 11 points.

11211 009

I also had FF/SF banana pudding for 2 points.

11211 010

I ended up using 6 weekly points today because I was just hungry today! I guess we all have those days every once in a while.

Have a great night!

In case you missed it yesterday, I announced that I am hosting the 2nd annual Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k. This includes a giveaway and it’s a 5k for Thanksgiving!! Sign up! So far we have 9 signed up, I want that number to get much larger!

7 comments :

  1. Girl - I feel you. You work so hard and stick to the plan and then the scale does not reflect your hard work. It's SUCH a bummer. For me at least, the week after a dissapointing WI, the scale will show a legit loss so they kind of balance each other out. Keep up the hard work though - you're awesome and SUPER inspiring! xo

    P.S. I am not 100% sure how I found your blog, but I am super glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've heard the saying - "You always get what you deserve on the scale, just not the week you deserve it."

    Keep on being healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you're hanging in there, though! I bet it was the birth control. Back when I was on it, I always had a few extra pounds that just hung around. Like 10 of them.

    Going off of it made such a difference in my physical and emotional health (sanity). I hope this new pill works for your body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good attitude! This has happened to e before after off-track weeks had accumulated. I think my body needed to readjust to the exercise and retained more than the usual amount of water. Also, the pill change might definitely contribute to it, a colleague of mine just went through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up your hard work...no matter what the scale says you are living healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with a hungry day! ;) I sure hate that you saw a gain when you didn't "deserve" one. (((hugs))) It really could be the increased exercise or the pill. I know my leader always emphasized that she never lost like she should if she left unused weekly points?? I'm not sure if you ate up your earned APs or not, but if you didn't AND you didn't use all your weeklies maybe that threw your metabolism into hording mode?? Just a thought to toss in with all the others.

    I know what you mean about redoing things taking time. I need to rework a family schedule right now, but I devote so much energy and time into getting it sooo detailed, that I just avoid doing the schedule all together! I don't want to face it. One day, though, the motivation will hit me and I'll do it anyway. Same will happen with you when things slow down a bit.

    Press forward to next week's WI! Just keep on keeping on. It sure beats the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wrap looks so good! I am back on the Weight Watchers band wagon again after falling off last year its time to get my act together again. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...