SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Functional Workouts and an Oops Workout

Today I was all about functional exercise. We raked the leaves for a little over an hour and I burned 423 calories. It’s such a great all body workout. My arms and back are sore!

111911 003

So we finished raking the leaves and loaded up hubby’s truck to take them to our city refuse dump. We JUST pulled into the dump and his truck quit. He couldn’t get it started again no matter what he tried. So I said, “well, let’s just run home!” Thankfully we were dressed well for running, but I have to say that this was the first time I have ever run in gardening gloves!!

IMAG0156IMAG0159

Sometimes you just have to make the best out of what is thrown at ya! The run was about 1.4 miles, so I decided just to finish it off to 2 miles. I burned 362 calories and earned 2 points for the first day of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge! Yay!

So today we had a couple of functional workouts. It sort of felt different running when we were running because we were actually trying to get somewhere! I might have to try that again…in a more planned way! Smile

Have you signed up for the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k!?

3 comments :

  1. Haha, too funny! Bummer about the truck, though. At least you looked cute in your outfit! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the term functional workout. Sorry to hear about the truck though. Darn! You look fab in the pics!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats what life is huh?
    making the best of what is hurled at us :)
    GREAT JOB.

    xo

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...