SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 14, 2011

Vi-Shape Protein Powder Review

As you may remember, a few days ago I made a green smoothie with a packet of Vi-Shape protein powder added in.

111011 009

I was contacted by Mike from Visalus about reviewing the protein powder on my blog. At first, I was a little apprehensive about reviewing these shakes, because their program supports drinking these shakes as meal replacements, which I DO NOT support. They offer a sort of 90 day challenge to get weight off. As you can see from my blog, and what I eat on a daily basis, I believe in eating all foods in moderation. I don’t believe in quick fixes or easy weight loss gimmicks.

BUT, as a protein powder ONLY, this protein powder is fantastic! I was so impressed with it. I do believe in adding supplements to my foods to help make them more filling and help me get in more protein. And that’s what I want to let you know about.

(photo source)

I have had other bloggers recommend protein powder as a means to get in more protein and help keep me full. You can add it to smoothies or even to your oatmeal in the morning. Since I have recently changed my diet to incorporate more protein, protein powder is going to come in very handy. It’s one of those processed foods I am choosing to keep in my diet.

111011 004

This was absolutely delicious and PACKED with protein! I was sent three packages of Vi-Shape nutritional shake mixes. As mentioned before, they can be used as meal replacements, which I am NOT a supporter of. We all know that losing weight by drinking shakes is not going to help you keep the weight off. So at first I was a little wary of reviewing this product, but when they said that many of their clients drink this when they are on the go, or just after working out, I was in. That’s definitely what I will use it for. One great thing is that the packets are pre-portioned and so easy to just open up and dump into the blender with whatever mixture of fruits and veggies that you want. I use protein powder periodically, so I was willing to give this a try!

They are PERFECT for getting in that extra protein and to keep you full. Each packet has 12g of protein. Each packet is 2 points. There are only 90 calories, 1g of fat and 7g of carbs in the package. There is a mixture of 23 vitamins and minerals in each package also. It is made with a non-GMO soy protein.

There is only one flavor, sweet cream, available because it is meant to be mixed with whatever fruits, etc. that you want. It was delicious. There was no gritty texture. In my smoothie, I added an orange, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt, 1 Tbs. milled flax seed and 1 package of Vi-Shape protein powder. It helped keep me full for hours.

You can order packages of their products here. Mike recommends ordering the 30 Serving pouch instead of the packets because it will save you money. It costs about $45 for the 30 serving pouch or 15 pre-portioned packets for $28. When you first sign on to purchase something, it will set it up as an auto-ship for however often you choose to receive the products. For someone like me, I’d rather buy them when I want to buy them and not have them sent automatically. So I contacted Mike about that, and he offered instructions on how to turn off the auto ship.

So, if you’re looking for a delicious, low calorie protein powder—Vi-Shape is a good one! I recommend the powder itself, based on the delicious taste, texture and nutritional information for it.

2 comments :

  1. I don't use protein powders as a meal replacement but they are great when I'm on the go so that I don't get hungry before I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protein Powder is a substance taken to increase the amount of protein in your body. It can help fight fatigue because protein is one of the substances that is responsible for energy in the body. It can offer a greater chance of fighting off illness or disease. Thanks a lot.

    Pea Protein

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...