SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sharing a Recipe- Candy Corn-Marshmallow Crispy Treats by Kraft (4 Points Plus)

Crispy Bars 004

I found this recipe in the Fall 2011 issue of Kraft Foods: Food and Family magazine. I thought they were so cute and decided to try it out. They turned out delicious and they are the perfect fall treat. I eliminated the food coloring that is in the recipe. They come out to 4 Points Plus per piece, but they are very sweet and satisfying. They’d be perfect for a fall potluck or get together. The picture above is mine, so they really do turn out like the picture they show!

Here is Kraft’s recipe.

Here is how I made the crispy bars:

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter

6 cups Miniature Marshmallows

6 cups crisp rice cereal

11 oz. bag of candy corn

Directions (taken from the Kraft website):

MICROWAVE butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring in food colorings after 45 sec.

ADD cereal and candy corn; mix well. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.

COOL completely before cutting into bars. Cut each bar diagonally in half. (makes 24)

3 comments :

  1. Holy sugar bugs, those would taste very sweet. I would have never thought to put candy corn in, but with all the little fall festivals for kids and Halloween parties - it seems like a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read the title of this post I was interested! Sounds perfect for fall, and delicious!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks awesome! I can't wait to make it.

    I just stopped by to catch up on your blog. It's been way too long since I have been able to read other blogs. I forgot how much I enjoy it. :)

    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you are doing great! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...