SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Roll with the Punches

Good news—I lost more weight this morning and I am only a few lbs. above my lowest again! I am slowly, but surely, getting there!!

For breakfast this morning, I had Cheerios with a sliced banana and milk for 4 points.

9811 001

As usual, I spent the morning doing homework. I sipped on coffee with creamer for 1 point.

9811 002

A few hours later, I was hungry so I ate an apple and a light cheese stick for 1 point.

9811 003

I finished my homework with a little time to spare and I finally had time to work out in the morning—and I knew I had to get it out of the way because we had plans for the evening. I recently won The Firm Express DVDs on a blog giveaway! I tried out the first workout—it’s perfect because it only took me about 21 minutes. I just need to work on learning the moves and hopefully become a little more coordinated! I burned 148 calories. I got some cardio and strength training in.

On my way to school, I ate a ham and laughing cow wrap for 5 points.

9811 004

I also ate a Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy bar for 2 points.

9811 006

I bet we will start seeing more products like this that are lower in WW Points. I would assume that many companies create snacks so they will be WW friendly as it’s pretty big in the dieting industry. But what do I know? SmileJust a guess.

I had a quiz in my first class today, which I’m pretty sure I did very well on.

I ate some grapes before my 2nd class. I was hungry! 0 points.

9811 005

In my 3rd class, I had a test. I was SO frustrated. First of all, I HATE Macs! And it’s not because I hate Apple products, it’s just that I have used a Windows PC for my entire life and I don’t know how to use the Macs. I can’t find anything and they have these ridiculously small keyboards and the keys are all out of place space wise so I’m constantly typing the wrong letter. Well, we had to type our essays on the computers and I saved my essay many times as I was writing it. We had an hour to finish the entire test. So I finished my first essay, pressed what would normally be CTRL C to copy it and it deleted it! I opened my saved copy and it was blank! I asked the professor if there was an UNDO feature, like CTRL Z, and he said no. So I had to START OVER! I had 20 minutes to redo my 40 minutes of work! So I really don’t know how I did because I was rushed. Sad smile But I tried to just let it go. Deep breaths. I just worked harder and focused more intently. Ya Gotta roll with the punches.

After class I headed to the store to pick up some milk and I tell ya, I really had to avert my eyes when I had to walk by the chocolate bars after that experience! Winking smile

I stopped at Starbucks because the Pumpkin Spice lattes are back! I got a Skinny Pumpkin Spice iced latte, which I calculated as a Skinny Flavored Iced latte for 3 points. Not sure if that’s right, but that’s the closest I could find.

IMAG0082

I also ate 1/2 serving of cinnamon almonds for 2 points.

9811 007

I feel like I’ve got my school eating schedule figured out. I need to get groceries so I can eat things like fresh veggies every once in a while, but I have been trying to get the veggies in at supper time if I don’t get them in throughout the day.

Tonight, hubby and I are invited to his parents for supper because his aunt is visiting. It’s always a struggle for me at their place because they are fabulous cooks—of the country, home style cooking, sort. YUM! And my MIL makes THE BEST desserts and always cuts me this ginormous piece which I just don’t want to say no to. Winking smile But I am trying to take action and really get it together. So I will need to watch it tonight. I have 15 daily points left for the day and all of my weeklies. So I’m in a good position. But sometimes eating really good and rich foods does something to me mentally and I think I’d fallen off the wagon, even if I haven’t, and it screws the rest of my week up. I won’t let this happen this time!!

And I’m going to end this post now because the in-law's do not know about my blog and I wouldn’t be comfortable snapping photos of my food. lol Have a good one!

5 comments :

  1. Hi Alyssa!

    What kind of tortillas are you using for your wraps? They look good! I'm not always a huge fan of wheat tortillas, so I'm constantly looking for a good substitute.

    Also, I used to work at Starbucks and I can tell you that a pumpkin spice latte is not going to be the same amount of points as a skinny flavored latte. This is because in a skinny latte the drink has a sugar free syrup, but the syrup used for pumpkin spice is NOT sugar free. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I meant to spell your name right! I always make sure to and I messed it up this time. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you tell me that the pumpkin spice lattes are back? I didn't need to know that.... ohhh but I did! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that latte was pretty darn good. I was just going to ask if the syrup was sugar free or not. But Kayla Sue answered that. LOL

    Sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Alissa. Isn't it funny how we share our blog with some family but not others?? Hope you had a great time and were able to portion control. I thought of you this morning - I hope you don't feel I'm rude...you know the pink shoelaces? They still haven't arrived. I'm sure its just a cross border thing, but please don't think I won't say thanks and give you a shout out on my site when they get here. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...