SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Regular Posts

I hope that those of you in the U.S. had a great Labor Day weekend! My time off was just what I needed. Hubby and I attended a church convention and it was wonderful. I am refocused and feel much more relaxed and my stress is eased for the time being!

The only problem is that my weight is WAY up. I mean like 8 lbs. up from my lowest weight. It is amazing how fast I gain weight. I was not able to be in control of what was being served and I tried to do my best, but obviously I didn’t do very well. That added to the fact that last weekend I ate terribly and gained weight which never came back off. So I’m hoping things will be back to normal now and I can get this weight off. Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I’d be thrilled if I at least got off some of the added weight to weigh in the same, but I’m expecting a gain. It is amazing how fast I can gain weight. Hubby was absolutely amazed that I could gain weight that fast and he saw everything that I ate!

For breakfast, I ate Cheerios with a sliced banana and milk for 4 points.

9611 002

I did laundry, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, and got other daily tasks taken care of and then it was time for homework. I spent most of yesterday doing homework…but hubby and I did go for a nice 2 mile walk! The weather has suddenly turned to fall weather and it’s beautiful.

I sipped on coffee while doing homework. 1 point. I do not fill this cup all of the way, BTW!

9611 003

And a couple of hours later I felt a little hungry, so I snacked on some grapes for 0 points.

9611 004

I finished my homework with a few minutes to spare. I had hoped to finish a little earlier and get a workout in—but I also thought it would be fun to work out with hubby later. So it was all good. And since school days are a little untraditional for me eating wise, I ate a piece of toast with an egg on top for 3 points.

9611 011

On my way to class, I ate a chicken wrap with Laughing Cow Cheese for 5 points.

9611 005

I stopped at the gas station and picked up a bottle of Tropicana 50 Pomegranate Blueberry juice for 2 points.

IMAG0081

I sipped on that during class. It was refreshing and delicious!

My classes went well today. I was especially excited about an iPad lab class in my electronic literature class. It was fun playing around with the iPad, I had never used one before. I am seriously considering either buying an iPad, Kindle or Nook. Any recommendations?

I was hungry by the time I got out of class, but I was prepared. I ate a Fiber One 90 Calorie Chew bar for 2 points.

9611 009

An apple for 0 points.

9611 008

And a light cheese stick for 1 point.

9611 007

By the time I got home, I was still hungry but very, very tired as usual! I made an iced latte for 1 point to try to perk myself up so I could do some homework before hubby got home.

9611 012

For supper, I had a salmon burger, zucchini, tomatoes, FF cottage cheese, and light bread with homemade strawberry jam for 6 points.

9611 014

That’s a lot of food for only 6 points! What a bargain. I love those salmon burgers from Aldi’s—only 2 points!

And since I had a ton of points left, I was able to have a serving of vanilla ice cream topped with a tsp. of peanut butter and chocolate syrup for 6 points.

9611 015

And I still have 3 points left for the day.

Hubby and I are planning on going for a walk this evening after supper settles. I have lots of homework to work on—so I’m going to sign out now! It feels good to be back to regular blogging! Smile

12 comments :

  1. You inspire me to keep track of what I eat. Thanks for the great posts.

    My husband has an iPad. Since he shared it with me (once, haha) I know the kindle can be an app on it. Reading on the iPad is great, just like a book with two pages showing at once.

    I say go with the iPad, more expensive, but it can do so much more for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is scary how fast the weight comes back on. It's really annoying as well because you know the math just doesn't work, but the scale is the reality, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just look at a cupcake and gain 5 pounds. I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regular posting keeps me honest and helps me control my weight, it may get boring for those that read it, but it helps me TONS so I keep on doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely iPad :-) We have the iPad2 and we all love it; it can do SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate!! I gain weight so easily that my husband is freaked out! I can eat decent, and just stop working out.. and here those pounds come. Ick.

    Also, that ice cream looks so awesome that I just gained a pound.

    Hope the scale isn't a jerk this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good weekend. Thought I would just call in since I do read regular but I am slack with the comments so I do apologise.

    We all have weekends where we find the weight goes up afterwards but alot of that can be water retention and alot of that can be shifted in a couple of days by careful choices and eating a little less if necessary.

    I have every faith in you that I don't think the scales will be that bad on your next weigh in. Good luck all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would vote iPad -- it has 1000s of possibilities not available as options on the Nook or Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with my nook color. If you like to read, I recommend it. And if you don't mind voiding the warranty, you can turn it into a tablet too. I haven't, but I know people who have. :)

    And there's a lot more to weight loss than just numbers on the scale. Keep it up lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Kindle and I love it =) I have the non-wifi version, and it works great. I haven't found a need to require the wireless, and if I do, I can always tether off my phone! Hang in there with the weight gain - you're so disciplined, you'll be back to where you want to be in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great weekend Alissa. Don't worry, you'll be back on track in no time and those extra lbs will be gone soon! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always amazed at how quickly I can put weight on.. like others have said, I can look at a cupcake and gain 3lbs.. lol.. but good for you for getting back into the swing of things.. i'm sure you'll see some loss.. *crossing my fingers*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...