SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Vacation Day

Today was the first day of vacation, although I think we got a really good start last night. I had the opportunity to sleep in this morning but I woke up at about 6:15, which is still over an hour later than usual! I was feeling so bloated, thirsty and generally disgusting after last night’s eats and my body was screaming for water and exercise. Remarkably, I lost weight this morning. My body never ceases to surprise me.

So I got up and went for a walk. I walked 1.68 miles in 31:09 minutes. I burned 206 calories. It was a HOT and muggy walk! At 6:30 in the morning it was already 80 degrees and 80% humidity. But it felt good to sweat and move. All bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for my walk.

7111 002

And After:

7111 003

The biggest difference is that it appears that exercise makes my eyes get bigger. Smile with tongue outBut I actually had sweat dripping off of me.

I rested for a little bit, finished up 6 cups of water and then It was time for some Shredding! I burned 189 calories today—not the 200 I aim for, but it definitely counts as something. I’ve heard that working out in the morning revs your metabolism, so it counts for that too!

For breakfast, I had a piece of light bread with a tad bit of peanut butter and a sliced banana and 1/2 cup milk because that’s all we had left! 3 Points.

7111 017

And then we headed out to get groceries and run some errands. We stopped at a new coffee shop in town and grabbed an iced latte with skim and SF caramel syrup for 1 point.

7111 018

It was delicious and I loved the little place. I’ll definitely be going back. They roast their own coffee.

7111 019

We spent a long time getting stocked up on groceries! I wanted to make sure to have lots of healthy options in the house for this weekend. I am NOT going to gain weight over the holiday! Check out our fridge:

7111 022

It is stocked FULL of healthy food! You can’t see half of it. I even took some time to cut up broccoli and cauliflower and cleaned the grapes—easy and healthy snacks.

7111 026

We stopped at Panera for a late lunch. I had the YP2 Half Strawberry Poppy seed and Chicken Salad, Broccoli cheese soup, and a whole grain baguette. I LOVE Panera because not only if their food fresh and organic, but they put all of their nutritional information out there—calories on the menu and I can go online and calculate the nutrition, removing the fruits and veggies from the nutritional information so I can accurately count the points for the salad! This was a total of 13 points—the salad was only 3 points and delicious!

7111 020

It was a HOT day today. By the time we got home it was this hot:

7111 021

And SOOOO humid!

So I whipped up some fruit smoothies with light vanilla yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and spinach for 1 point.

7111 025

Later on, I got hungry so I tried some WW Multigrain crisps that my Mom bought me at the meeting last night- 3 points.

7111 027

For supper, I made egg sandwiches along with SF Ocean Spray and a bowl of fruit for 8 points.

7111 028

I finished it up with a homemade turtle sundae for 7 points.

7111 029

That puts me at using 3 weekly points for the day. Not too bad!

I’m looking forward to the holiday weekend. What are your plans?

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! The cutting up fruits and veggies is smart! I will definitely have to do that with my next grocery visit. PS- I'm jealous that you had that salad from Panera. Last night I got the same thing expect there was a bug in mine... needless to say I couldn't even eat one if they remade it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious menu for the day, the sundae looks so good. Way to keep up with walks and activity while on vacation. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are prepared!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big yay for being prepared with all that healthy food!!! Hope you are having a WONDERFUL holiday weekend Alissa!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...