SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Wore out my First Pair of Running Shoes

I have officially worn out my first official pair of running shoes. I have a pair of Asics. I bought them about a year ago and they have carried me through countless runs and other activities. I know I should have cross trainers for activities other than running, but I wore them for EVERYTHING fitness related. I started to notice that my feet were starting to hurt when I wore them—much different than the feeling of running on clouds when I first got them! So I decided it was time for some new running shoes.

And that makes me proud. That means that I have been active enough to wear out a pair of running shoes! That’s a NSV right there if you ask me!

So yesterday, hubby and I went into Dick’s sporting goods and I tried on running shoes. We decided that this time I would try the shoes on in the store and we would write down the model and size and go online to find them cheaper—and we did! About $40 cheaper, which is a bargain!

I am sticking with Asics the second time around. I was happy with my first pair and when I tried them on, they just felt better than the others I tried. I am going with the Gel Kayano 17.

1290532-5-2x[1]

They are a pretty turquois color. Something a little different than my usual pink! I love the color and the feel of these! They have great reviews too.

I can’t wait to receive them and I’m looking forward to spending many miles in them!

10 comments :

  1. Congrats on wearing out your running shoes!!! That would make me proud too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely be proud! Love that you got a deal on new shoes too, hooray!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BE PROUD :) awesome and hope ya like the new kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Thanks for the shoe recommendation!

    My running shoes have holes in them too and I felt so proud :)
    I need to get a new pair this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alissa, WOO HOO...that is a BIG NSV! Congratulations. Great bargain on the replacements!!!! Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you for wearing out a pair or running shoes :) I just found your blog and I love it! You're so encouraging just by telling it honestly. I'm starting my weight loss journey and I can tell your blog is one I will visit often to find inspiration! I also love the shoe choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the same pair the first of the year when I decided to start walking!!! They feel awesome! I will be investing in a new pair every year, or sooner if needed. How did you find them $40 cheaper? Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome!

    I don't drink coffee, but I bet that almond joy creamer is delish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...