SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 25, 2011

An Evening of Pampering

I hope that you had a great weekend! I know that I did, but it was so sad seeing hubby leave again for the week. Sad smile

For breakfast this morning, I had light toast with PB and a sliced banana along with a glass of milk for 5 points.

72511 001

Today was the first day of Jillian’s Ripped in 30 workout. My sister and I are going to conquer this challenge for the next 30 days. Today, I burned 214 calories. It takes about 34:30 to complete. It’s a great workout! I was covered in sweat by the time I was done and I know I didn’t give it 100%. The first day is always a little challenging as you’re learning the moves. But it’s very easy to follow!

I sipped on an Almond Joy Iced Latte all morning for 1 point.

72511 002

For my first break I ate a hard boiled egg for 2 points.

72511 003

And fresh cherries for 0 points.

72511 004

For lunch, I had a BBQ chicken salad made up of deliciously crisp lettuce from the farmer’s market, tomatoes, corn, leftover chicken from my taco this weekend, Feta, pecans and of course BBQ sauce. I am loving my new BBQ sauce! I also had a glass of iced tea. This was 5 points.

72511 005

I also wanted a little crunch, so I had a Salt and Pepper Potato flavored Pop Chips bag for 3 points.

72511 006

And for a little something sweet, I had 2 TJ’s Dark chocolate PB cups for 4 points.

72511 009

On my last break, I snacked on a peach for 0 points.

72511 010

I had kind of a hard day at work today, so I was a little worried I’d be grumpy when my Mom got here but she cheered me right up! SmileGotta love my Mom. She’s really good at doing that. Plus, she came to visit for the week—so I was excited about that since hubby is gone!

First, we went out for supper. We went to Texas Roadhouse. I started with a salad with FF Ranch for 4 points.

72511 011

I also had one roll with a little bit a cinnamon butter because I just love these. I am doing SO well with limiting myself to ONE. I know many of you wouldn’t eat them at all, but I LOVE them, so I always allow myself one. 6 Points.

72511 012

For my meal, I ordered pulled pork with a plain sweet potato. I ate the entire sweet potato and brought home most of the pulled pork. I did not eat the bread shown. 10 points.

72511 013

After that, we had deluxe pedicures. WOW—it felt SO good! They have the most amazing massage chairs and it just felt so good. They rubbed sea salt on our legs and this mud stuff. Heavenly.

IMAG0051

On our ride home, we grabbed dessert. I had a Raspberry Flavor Burst cone for 5 points.

72511 014

Delish!

I ended up using a few extra points today, so I will work on burning those off during my workout tomorrow morning! I’m honestly not EXACTLY sure where I’m at point wise because I had to estimate so many foods this past weekend and even for supper tonight and I do try to overestimate. The scale was showing me good news this morning, so let’s hope it continues! Although I do feel that I should work on denying myself some of my wants a little bit. I was indulgent this weekend, which is fine—but it can’t continue. I don’t feel out of control or anything, but need to keep these things in check.

I will try to work out extra hard tomorrow morning to make up for the little bit of extra eating tonight! I don’t regret my food choices tonight while we were out, but probably would have eaten a little differently throughout the day if I’d been planning on going out to eat—but it was kind of spur of the moment. But I’m in this for my whole life and a few extra points isn’t going to hurt me in the long run as long as I’m on track most days!

7 comments :

  1. How fun!! Texas Roadhouse has such good food!!! You know you have to give us a pic of your painted tootsies!! Glad you and your mom had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day! Ahh, pedicures..the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered about people who are sitting in restaraunts taking pics of their food. Now I know it just might be my fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alissa, so glad you were pampered!!! VERY well deserved! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and tasty day! LOVE TX Roadhouse rolls. I really can not resist them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last sentences capture everything perfectly! We are in this for life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this post made me miss my Mom. I get to see her in August..cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...