SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flexibility with Workout Plans, 8 Minute Comedies, and Flowers

I had plans to get up at 5 AM to go running this morning. First off, I didn’t hear my alarm (it’s not a good idea to set a book on top of your alarm clock), but I did wake up at about 5:10 anyways. But I was tired. Whodathunkit? haha 5 AM is not a good time for me. And my legs were aching. I did Jillian Michael’s Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout on Saturday and the muscles in the backs of my legs (hamstrings?) have been aching since then. I ran yesterday anyway, but I decided to give my legs a rest and maybe do a more low impact workout later on. So I went back to sleep. Am I making excuses? lol Oh yeah, when I stepped outside I was glad I didn’t go—it was worse than yesterday out there! I figure as long as I get a workout in, it doesn’t matter if I stick to my plan of working out at a certain time. I’ve found that being flexible with my workouts makes me more successful. How about you? Do you pick a time and stick with it or just workout when you feel like it, making sure to get the workout in?

For breakfast, I had a bowl of cheerios with blueberries and milk for 4 points.

71911 001

I am really excited about my breakfast tomorrow—AND there will be a giveaway involved, so be sure to come back tomorrow!

And before signing in to work, I made an iced latte for 1 point.

71911 002

One thing I struggle with when hubby is gone is snacking in the evenings. If I have the points for it, that’s one thing, but last night I snacked too much. This week has just been messed up because I have no idea where my points are. When we were out of electricity, it was too hard to try to track everything on my phone and so I ate, trying to be conscious of how I felt. But when I don’t know the numbers, it messes with my head. So, I could say I’m using weekly points, when in actuality I don’t know how many I have left, and I probably don’t have any. I’m just glad that tomorrow I start fresh for the week. I need to have some success and feel in control because success breeds success and I just need to find that spark to get going strong again!

For my first break, I ate a boiled egg for 2 points.

71911 003

For lunch, I had baked sweet potato wedges with chicken salad for 7 points.

71911 004

For a little something sweet, I had SF chocolate pudding with a sliced banana and Cool Whip for 2 points.

71911 008

On my last break, I had an apple with PB for 3 points.

71911 009

My FAVORITE snack! YUMMY!

After work was finally over, I got my workout in. Like I said before, it was going to be a light one. I did 8 minute Abs, Arms and Stretch. The stretch was just what my body needed. It felt so good on my sore muscles. I felt like I gave my sore muscles some TLC! Obviously this wasn’t cardio, but I wore my HR monitor and it showed I burned 94 calories in 26 minutes. Every little bit helps!

These workouts are SOOOO corny. They’re more like 8 minute comedies. They make me laugh. But the moves are really effective and I can feel the burn! Here’s an example, gang! Winking smile

8 Minute Abs
8 Minute Arms

I had to guffaw when they do the push ups and he says, “Ladies on your knees.” Ummmm…I know plenty of women who can do the full pushups! lol Too funny though… you can’t take anyone serious when they’re wearing outfits like that… hahaha.

For supper, I had a BBQ chicken salad with tomatoes, pecans and Feta and fresh lettuce from the garden for 3 points.

71911 011

I was really grossed out eating the salad though because when I was cleaning the lettuce, I found 2 spiders. Ewwww! I sure hope I cleaned the lettuce good and well and didn’t eat any spiders. Sick smile

I also had a slice of banana bread for 2 points.

71911 012

And for dessert, I have a serving of vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel syrup for 5 points of deliciousness.

71911 013

And then I headed out to water the flowers and the garden. It was 95 degrees when I went out, it had already cooled down a few degrees. It seemed less humid than yesterday—but it sure has been HOT! Too bad our pool is closed due to storm damage!

OOO and look what I got out of the garden. Pear tomatoes! I LOOOOVE these and cannot wait until more ripen up! They are a great snack.

71911 010

The flowers are thriving on the heat though! I don’t think they’d be doing so well if I wasn’t watering them daily—but look how beautiful they are! These look a little droopy because I just watered them and the lighting is a little weird.

71911 014

71911 020

And I’ll leave you with my favorite. Bright pink roses.

71911 018

Have a great day!!

7 comments :

  1. Great job tracking all your food! It looks yummy :)

    Flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I've been finding bugs in my lettuce a lot, too! It's worse when I buy organic lettuces!

    Love pear tomatoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not work out in the morning.. I keep wanting to and last year did it for almost 2 months, and all I found out was that I didn't give it my all, or I was miserable the rest of the day, and the following day found myself more tired..It didn't matter how early I went to bed. it was a cycle that just was not my style. So I accepted the fact that I am a 'peak' person in the afternoon, so I usually workout after work..

    Love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been working out at 5:15 or 5:30am M-W-F since last October - if I wait until later in the day, I make too many excuses, get busy or it just doesn't get done. I don't feel like I give it my "all" when I do it later the evening - I'm sure I'm not at the top of my game then anyway after working all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flexibility is key! Good lesson I need to learn a little of. And I bought the Almond Joy creamer yesterday and it is deeeeelicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spiders are a good source of protein! Kidding!!! Ewwww!!!
    Your flowers are GORGEOUS! And BIG yay for the start of your harvest!!! Have a great day Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are beautiful! And the videos have me giggling like a school girl ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...