SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Need to Refocus

Thursday’s are a great day because Hubby comes home! So the day is a little brighter when I wake up in the morning.

For breakfast, I had a Thomas Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thin with Honey Nut cream cheese, a bowl of fruit, and a glass of milk for 7 points.

72811 001

As usual, I made my iced latte for 1 point.

72811 002

On my first break, I snacked on a sliced apple with peanut butter for 3 points.

72811 003

Shortly after, my Mom left for home. Thanks again for coming, Mom! I had a lot of fun! Smile

For lunch, I ate 2 BLT sandwiches made with turkey bacon for 8 points.

72811 004

For some reason, I was craving potato chips, so I ate a bag of Pop Chips for 3 points.

72811 006

And I finished it off with a Lite Peach Yogurt for 2 points.

72811 007

On my last break, I ate a package of Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters for 4 points.

72811 008

I also sipped on a Yerba Mate tea all afternoon for 0 points.

72811 009

I finally mailed out all of the coupons to those of you who won them—so sorry it took me a few days but you should receive them soon!! Smile

I was planning on working out after my Weight Watcher meeting, but hubby got home earlier than usual! My sister and I agreed that this time we would allow 1-2 rest days per week instead of going hardcore for 30 days—sometimes life happens and we’re both ok with that for our little challenge. So today was my rest day.

Hubby got home super early today, in enough time to take me to my WW meeting!

Today was the first time I gained at WW. I’m trying not to let it play with my head because I had a loss on my official weigh in yesterday. But WW showed me gaining 2.6 lbs. for the week, which is funny because last week I stayed the same at home and then lost a ton at WW. I usually eat a salad or something light for lunch on weigh in day but we were out of lettuce and I think my lunch was extra salty which may have attributed to the huge gain. Just trying to move on, and also understanding that this week my eating has been a little indulgent, but I am tracking those points!

Hubby and I had a nice supper out after the meeting. Once again, I wasn’t planning on hubby being home for supper, so I didn’t plan ahead for going out to eat. We ate at Pizza Ranch and I’m happy with my choices. I requested a thin crust ham and pineapple pizza and ate that along with a BBQ chicken piece and a salad. I’m estimating my points at 13 points.

And I had a soft serve cone for 5 points, which consequently dripped all over my shirt. Hubby’s fell over onto his shorts. What a mess! haha I guess it’s too hot for soft serve!

My goal for this coming weekend is to get in as much activity as possible and to eat more “clean.” Usually I am a little more lenient with my eating on the weekends, but this week was a little turned around for me and I was more lenient during the week. It’s time to buckle down and get back into DIETING mode. I need to start being more strict and focus on eating healthy foods. Basically, I feel like I need to hit that reset button and get focused on my goals and what’s going to help me reach them. Life happens, but it’s important to be on track the majority of the time. I’m not off track and still haven’t used all of my weeklies or anything, but I just feel like I need to refocus and think about my goals again.

Now I’m just looking forward to some quality time with my hubby!

6 comments :

  1. Ok here is my piece of advice again. Take it with a grain of salt! You have to make a decision in what weigh in is important to you. Having two weigh in's I thinking is throwing you off. What weigh in, is more important to you? And stick with it. If weighing in at home is what you are going to base your weight on that just do that and don't go to weigh in's WW.
    It's plays with your mind and I think has a deep impact on our mood, happy for losing at home but sad or angry when you gain at WW, in which you are paying money for.
    Also it's like you put more effort in your weight loss at home then at WW, but really they should have the same effort.
    What weight do you go by? Your WW weigh in's or your home weigh in's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do believe salt contributes to a gain! plus our bodies are just funky! i have to weigh in at the same time and in the morning to feel like its a good measurment of the weight i have lost. Dont give up though! it sounds like you are refocused and that is awesome! its not going to happen overnight and you will have off weeks. Just think of kaylee on the BL!! I mean its crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sarah. Since October, I have weighed once on a scale other than my WW meeting. WW is my official one and only weigh of the week. I have tried weighing every day and it doesn't work for me.

    You said - "It’s time to buckle down and get back into DIETING mode" -- reflect on that statement, do you see WW as a diet? do you see your indulgences as "bad"?

    To me, WW is about living -- before I buy a food that could be labeled as "diet" - I try to think is this how I plan to "live" the rest of my life & am I really going to buy this the rest of my life. Overall, I'm simply trying to make healthier choices with regular foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless eating totally clean and non excessively comes 100% natural to you to the point where you don't ever think about it I think in some ways it's always a "diet." Yes, you can make that overall lifestyle change and decide to make better choices about what you put in your mouth and the more used to it you get the easier it gets. Eating healthy is necessary and I do it but it takes a conscious effort and a mindset-although I wish it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think eating clean will get easier with time and also practice. The less you eat "dirty," the less you'll want or crave dirty foods. If you really commit to clean eating, you'll never want to go back. Those bad foods will stop tasting good to you once you cut them out entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your weekend with hubby Alissa!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...