SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 11, 2011

Severe Storms in Iowa

We were hit with a severe storm at about 4:30 this morning. Thankfully our home is ok with minor damage but lots of limbs down on trees. We had a window blow our on our porch, a puncture in our siding but thankfully not all of the way through, eaves down, but that's about the extent. Our town had a lot of damage, including a church with the roof taken off, but everyone is ok. We are told it wasn't a tornado but was as damaging as an ef1 tornado. We are thankful! There are many homes missing their roofs and know of one family that lost everything. Hubby and I spent all day today cleaning up tree limbs and boy was that a workout! I'm not sure when I will be able to blog regularly again as power lines are down all over town. But I have lots of pics when everything is back to normal. But I will keep you updated. Now we are off to relax. Yahtzee anyone? :)

9 comments :

  1. awww im soo sorry girl that is awful!! i will pray for you and your town !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are okay! I am in Iowa too and we were lucky enough that we had no damage from the storms. My sister did though and several of my coworkers and friends did. I am just so grateful no one we know was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been scarey!
    Glad your o.k

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you, your husband, and your home are safe. All my best to you and your neighbors; I hope the worst is over! Keep us updated as much as you're able!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you & your husband are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes Alissa. So sorry to hear about the damage, but very glad you, your husband, your kitties and your home are all in tact! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very glad that you are your family are ok! The storms have been so severe this year... Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...