SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Workin’ For the Weekend

It sure was hard to get myself going this morning! But I got up and had 1 cup cheerios with 1 medium banana sliced on top and 1/2 cup of 1% milk. I also had a cup of 100% Orange Juice for a total of 6.5 points.

81210 002

I went back to bed for about an hour and I still couldn’t get myself going! But I made an iced coffee. Oh I have missed all 1.5 points of you!

81210 004

I brought back 16 animal crackers to snack on after my first break.

81210 005

For lunch I had a broiled zucchini (in olive oil), and two tomato sandwiches on sandwich thins w/ light mayo (only one pictured). This was a total of 5.5 points.

81210 006

I had a 1/2 cup of fat free sugar free chocolate pudding for dessert for 1 point.

81210 007

I am finding I have way too many points left over at the end of the day on most days. Do you have any recommendations on healthy foods I can be eating in addition to what I’m already eating? Any improvements that you see I could be making?

I didn’t feel like eating anything on my last break- lunch was filling! But I did drink lots of water throughout the afternoon.

By the time I was done working, I was so hungry! But I didn’t snack, which I am proud of. It used to be routine, if I got off of work hungry, I would come home and just eat whatever, but I don’t do that anymore. I know it’s important to keep myself busy in times like that.

For supper, I had a hamburger, scalloped cabbage, tomatoes, and a slice of homemade bread topped with peach jam for 9.5 points.

81210 008

For dessert I had light ice cream for 3 points.

81210 010

On night’s like this, when I have something like beef (more points) for supper, I use more of my points. I had 2 points left over after supper, and that’s where I like to be. Last night was a little different, due to a light supper, and I had 14 points leftover- which is too many!

After supper I did things like unload the dishwasher, laundry, iron, get our new nephew’s gift bag together, pick tomatoes and beans from the garden, and pack for this weekend. We’re going to my sister’s and get to meet our new nephew and see my other niece and nephew (and sister and BIL, too!). We have a shopping trip to ON planned. I can’t wait!! I have a $20 gift check to spend and my sister in fashionable- so I’m hoping she can help me pick out some new clothes that I will look cute and stylish in. :) Hubby and I are also planning a Trader Joe’s stop on the way home!!

Later on, I did my usual arms strength training workout with the dumb bells. I really need to tone my arms! I measure myself every 10 lbs. lost and I seriously have not lost any inches in my arms since I started measure myself at 20 lbs. lost. I’m hoping the strength training will help.

Later on, hubby and I made chocolate banana smoothies. This was 3 points.

81210 011

I ended off the day using 1 weekly point.

We all like chocolate- check out She fit’s giveaway!

And don’t forget to check out Ashey’s Challenge!!

11 comments :

  1. You could eat more fruit, especially now that it is in season. Watermelon, cataloupe, grapes, apples. They all make great snacks and very portable.
    Also what about eating yogurt at lunch time?
    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could ramble forever about the food stuff.
    I tend to love to add in nuts, trail mix, more fruit, raw veggies, laughing cow cheese....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say fruit, veggies, and the LC cheese as well. But you are doing great. I have done WW and could never make it work for me. However, you have and are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can eats baby carrots with fat free, low cal dips! Or lemonade! I find that drinking lemonade between meals really cuts down my snacking and also to reach my goal of 8 glasses of water :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the snacking queen at the moment...not you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think fruits and veggies too! Especially with the seasonal stuff! It won't be as flavorful once winter gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at your 8 healthy guidelines and make sure you're getting all of them in. That usually uses up all the POINTS right there! Maybe some yogurt with fresh fruit or string cheese, nuts or nut butter would make a great snack, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add some cheese or fruits maybe? The 8 healthy guidelines may help! For my afternoon snacks I bring in a string cheese or Laughing Cow and for some reason that always makes my snack more enjoyable lol :) Have a great weekend. And if you figure out how to get yoru arms toned, let me know! Mine wave to me all the time lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS Are you using Fiesta Ware? All I have :) Living in WV it is HUGE here (where it is made)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for posting my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never have points left over. This past week was bad and I used everything. Are you getting in all your milks? Fats? I'd add protein since you are exercising.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...