SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 6, 2010

Satisfying a Craving

I slept in this morning and it felt so good. I slept until about 6:45. For breakfast I had 1 cup of Irish Oatmeal and 1 medium sized peach mixed in for 2.5 points. Such a filling breakfast for so few points!

8610 001

I whipped up an iced coffee to drink throughout the morning for 1.5 points. I’ve been using this Vanilla Chai Soy drink that I found on sale for $1.50 instead of milk and creamer- SO good.

8610 002

For lunch, I had 164g cooked whole wheat pasta topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce for 4.5 points.

8610 003

I also had 1 cup of lettuce and 1/2 cup of Pear tomatoes from the garden, topped with 1 Tbs. of Italian dressing for 1 point.

8610 004

What a filling lunch for only 5.5 points! Pasta is one of those things that will make me gain weight the next day if I eat it for supper- hmmm I’ll have to see if I gain tomorrow since I ate it for lunch. This is one of my favorite meals- so maybe that’s the secret! :)

I was craving something sweet, but just for the taste because I was full- so I filled a glass full of Crystal Light- Yum!

8610 005

For a snack a little later, I had 1 cup of grapes for 1 point.

8610 006

By the time I got done working I was sooo hungry! But I stayed out of the cupboards and waited for hubby to get home so we could go out to eat at Subway!! I had a 6” Oven Roasted Chicken breast with Baked BBQ Lay’s for 8 points.

8610 007

We went grocery shopping and ran our errands. I ran in Old Navy to return some jeans my husband didn’t like, and of course I have to look around! I did find this awesome bag that I can wear on my back when we ride our bikes.

8610 014

I love all of the little sayings (and that it’s pink!) on it and it was only like $2.

I have been craving a good dessert (other than ice cream) and I had 13.5 points left. I have been picturing Cheesecake Factory style cheesecake or a nice slice of triple layer chocolate cake- this has been going on for weeks. lol So we went to Village Inn when we were all done shopping. We got a piece of cheesecake and a piece of French Silk Supreme pie and split them both. This was 12.5 points. I tried to take a picture of it but it was really dark and my husband gets so embarrassed and mad at me when I pull out my camera in restaurants. lol So it didn’t turn out at all. Sorry! So I hope this satisfies my craving!

Another night of crazy weather in Iowa!

8610 009

8610 013

Have a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. I love the ice cubes in the crystal light..
    They look longer somehow -
    Or maybe it's just the angle of the picture....
    Cool idea for a sweet treat!
    Have a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go miss Mae Flowers!! =) Great job with your weight loss!!!!!! I've been MIA for awhile but just checking in on you and I'm so proud of the goals you've been able to reach. Can't wait until you ride all those rides at an amusement park. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iowa is beautiful. I went through there once while visiting my good friend in Omaha.

    Great job on the food! And I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, husbands! Sometimes they can be major bummers, huh? :)

    Chai tea is one of my favorite things. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...