SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, August 8, 2010

CSN Stores Review

I had a wonderful experience with CSN Stores. Jess at CSN stores gave me the opportunity to receive a credit for the online store to do a review on a product. What a great opportunity!

I thought about what I wanted to buy, and I wanted it to be something that could help me along my weight loss journey. I love all of the kitchen items they have at the store. I compared prices with what I could buy the same items for at the stores that I shop locally, and they were right on. Many of the items even have free shipping, so instead of the hassle of driving 30 minutes into town to purchase what I wanted, I could have the item shipped directly to my doorstep. And QUICKLY! They shipped UPS and I had my order within a few days. I was IMPRESSED.

You’re probably wondering what I decided to purchase with my credit. :) I have been wanting a bread machine for a long time. I wanted to be able to make my own healthy breads at home without the hassle of being in the kitchen all day making bread. So I decided to use my credit towards a bread machine. The Breadman TR875 to be specific.

72610 009

The first try at homemade bread, I tried a whole wheat recipe I found online. To be honest, the first time I looked at it and it looked like a lump of dough and we thought it didn’t cook right and threw it away. I tried it again and it worked a little better.

7272010 001

7272010 002

7272010 003

The whole wheat bread was very dense, and I think that to make it better, I need to mix bread flour with it, instead of using all wheat flour. I didn’t like the way it looked, so I decided to buy a box of bread machine mix to see if I was doing something wrong.

8210 001

8210 004

8210 005

It turned out much better. This one still doesn’t look the prettiest, but they have turned out a lot better since. I have tried many different recipes, that you have seen floating around on my food pictures lately. I’ve made light oat bread (which is our favorite so far), banana bread, cinnamon raisin bread and regular wheat. We are loving this bread maker now that I have gotten a handle on how it works! My husband loveS having homemade bread in the house and I tease him about how much time and effort I’ve put into baking this bread for him. ;)

The bread maker has many different settings, including a jam setting, which I am eager to try out! I am not one who is “tempted” by bread. I like a slice here and there, but it’s no chocolate to me! I can live with it sitting on the counter. I like to know what’s going into the bread that I’m eating. I love the fresh homemade taste and especially the way it makes the house smell! And it doesn’t heat up the whole kitchen like the oven does. Just throw everything in and give it a few hours and that’s all there is to it!

Do you have a bread machine? What is your favorite recipe?

As far as CSN stores, I am very impressed with them and will definitely purchase products from them in the future. Go check out their site!

5 comments :

  1. I love bread. Any kind of bread. Fresh bread. Stale bread. Hot bread. Cold bread. Buttered bread. Garlic bread. Whole wheat bread. White bread. Sour dough bread. Machine bread. Bag bread. Bakery bread. I love bread. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a breadlover too! I love all kinds of bread. I was thinking if buying one such machine myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Yum! I love the look of that bread machine and the bread looks amazing. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I am a horrible bread maker, even using a bread maker! Congrats on your new kitchen goodies :) Bread looks great to me~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...