SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 16, 2010

Perfect Weather for a Bike Ride

I tried this past weekend but in the end I didn’t do very well. Who knew that a Jimmy John’s sub would be 15 points when the same thing at Subway is 6 points? It’s so hard when you’re not controlling what and where you’re eating. I did the best I could and then kind of lost it in the evening on Saturday and ate 2 1/2 pieces of pizza and a few too many chips. Sunday started off well, but I had ice cream and felt like I had failed again. My body was very upset with me yesterday. Everything ached, headache, my stomach was upset, etc. I know it’s from eating foods that aren’t good for me and I felt miserable.

But today is a new day and I can just move forward. Stepping on the scale, I was disappointed, but it’s completely my fault. I hope to get the weight off by Wednesday WI.

We were able to stop at Trader Joe’s on the way home- yay! We stocked up on our favorites, including 2 jars of peanut butter and a jar of almond butter- I have missed my nut butters!!

So for breakfast I had 1 slice of whole wheat toast topped w/ peanut butter and a banana and 1 cup of 1% milk for 6 points.

AngieandDereks 013

By far my favorite breakfast!

It was hard to sign in to work this morning. The weather is beautiful outside- it’s finally a bearable temperature with little humidity. Plus, I just wanted to stay in bed this morning.

But I got a cup of this wonderful tea together and got to work.

AngieandDereks 014

I am so impressed by this tea. It has this nice lemon flavor and it smells so good. I will definitely be adding this to my Trader Joe’s list!

For my first break, I had a Braeburn apple and 1 Tbs. peanut butter. This is something I’ve never eaten before- and WOW- talk about an awesome snack. It reminded me of a caramel apple because we buy chunky peanut butter. YUM! This was 4 points.

AngieandDereks 015

For lunch, I had baked chicken (with BBQ sauce) and a sweet potato (with a little brown sugar) for 5 points.

AngieandDereks 017

I finished it off with a plum for 1 point.

AngieandDereks 018

On my last break, I was hungry, so I had some Trader Joe’s white cheddar popcorn for 1 point.

AngieandDereks 019

Along with these cute little grapes. They are TINY, but you can’t see it in the picture. .5 point.

AngieandDereks 020

And I also had some Trader Joe’s trail mix for 1.5 points.

AngieandDereks 021

I decided to help out and work 1 1/2 hours later than usual. I will get to leave early or sign in late another day this week. I’m glad I worked late because Hubby didn’t get home until later and I was starving! I think this helped me stay out of the cupboards!

For supper I had 3 egg whites, some deli ham, and 1 1/2 pieces of bread w/ cinnamon and sugar for 8 points.

AngieandDereks 022

Dessert was ice cream for 3 points. I forgot to take a picture of this tonight, but you’ve seen it before. :)

After supper, hubby and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and we went on a bike ride. We rode 5.3 miles in 31 minutes and I burned 202 calories. For once it was a fun workout, where the time passed quickly and I felt good. I hope we continue to have weather like this- we love to go biking but not when it’s super hot out.

I have 1 point left, I might have a few sips of my hubby’s fruit smoothie and call it a night.

5 comments :

  1. I want to look into getting a bike. It's been years since I've even been on one & in a way I'm a little worried I might be "too big" for one lol But I think it would make me feel younger just because it's something i haven't done since childhood & enjoyable. Btw; You're peanut butter toast with the banana looked DELISH! I think I might just have some of that myself this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach always grumbles when I come to your blog. Everything always looks so yummy. We totally saw some tiny grapes in the store when we went shopping, but got big, black grapes instead. I heart grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you my dear that you've turned me into a bananas & PB on toast girl. I do it on double fiber bred w/1 tbsp of PB and 1/2 banana. It's insanely good!

    Great day eating on plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla jasmine tea is one of the most satisfying flavored teas you'll ever try. A sweet combination of vanilla, jasmine petals and loose tea, it's a great way to warm your body and wind down for the day.
    Try it once just for a change hope you really enjoy the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of pb and apples! Yum! I am going to try this :)

    Like Ashley said, its really mouthwatering, all those pics you put up.!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...