SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sore and an Eventful Run

I got up bright and early this morning at 5 AM with hubby. For breakfast, I had a slice of cinnamon raisin bread with light margarine, a cup of milk, and a banana for 6.5 points.

81010 004

Instead of having iced coffee, I had Green Tea with Pomegranate.

81010 005

For a snack, I had gorgonzola crackers for 1 point.

81010 006

For lunch, I had a salad made up of lettuce, tomato, ham, deli chicken, feta cheese, fat free ranch and bbq sauce for 4.5 points.

81010 007

I also had a piece of whole wheat toast topped with peach jam for 2 points, but I forgot to take a picture- I guess I was hungry!

I wanted something sweet, so I brought back a sugar free Hawaiian Punch- orange drink for free! Doesn’t this picture look like you could just reach down and take a drink?

81010 008

On my last break, I made bread and emptied the dishwasher. So much accomplished in 15 minutes. ;) I brought back a medium sized peach for 1 point.

81010 009

I wanted to get my workout done and over with right when I got off of work, so I hopped on the treadmill. Talk about everything being against me today! Within 15 minutes, I knocked the safety thing out of the treadmill twice, my heart rate monitor wasn’t working consistently, and my iPod died. I NEED my iPod to workout. I tried to keep going for the 3 miles, but just couldn’t do it without the iPod. I ran 20 minutes straight, (5 minute warm-up before that), and then walked the last 5 minutes. So I got in a 30 minute workout and burned 240 calories. Not bad, but I have a 5k Planned in September and I really feel like I should be running 3 mile runs consistently so that I do better on my next 5k. But, it’s a workout, and my plan is 2- 3 mile runs and 1- free run (minimum 1 mile) per week. So I guess I’ll count that as my free run. I did end up going 1.75 miles, counting the walking parts. (NOTE TO SELF-CHARGE THE iPOD!!!)

I am SOOO sore tonight! My whole body is aching from yesterday’s 30 Day Shred and now the run on top of it is making my legs hurt really bad. Looking forward to resting a bit tomorrow!

Supper was chicken (that I breaded in a tiny bit of bread crumbs), tomatoes, homemade pickles, and homemade light oat bread for 6.5 points.

81010 010

For some reason, I had a ton of points left today. I guess I didn’t eat enough during the day! So, for dessert I had a No Pudge! brownie and a serving of light ice cream for 5 points.

81010 011

And I still have 5 points left! No idea if I’ll use them or not. I don’t want to eat too much, too late because I have to weigh in tomorrow! I’m not really sure what tomorrow will bring, but I’m hoping for the best!

6 comments :

  1. Everything looks so yummy:) Awesome job on the exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    How'd ya like a nice Hawaiian Punch?
    hehe
    Cool food pics...nom, nom, nom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and its already tomorrow...
    I need to know: do we like the green tea? I DO ADORE my coffee :)


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the variety of foods you eating...and how do you manage to get up so early...

    I dislike green tea...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those different kinds of bread you make/eat! I drool all over my keypad looking at those pics ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send those extra 5 point my way? ;) Sorry you had a tough time on the tread mill, but YEAH!!! for you for going through with it anyway! I signed up for my first 5k 9/11. I am really, really, REALLY nervous!! I understand you want of running the full 30 mins. I know you can do it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...