SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WI Day: Summer Challenge

I was disappointed to see that I gained another .4 this week. I am not up .8 from my lowest. What’s with these small gains for the past 3 weeks!? I’m tired of it! I know I can do better though. I don’t want to get discouraged but I just want to see a loss- any loss at all!

So I lost 11.4 lbs for my summer challenge. I wanted to lose 20 lbs. But I’m happy I lost anything at all. This is more than I lost last year over the summer. But I’m just not satisfied. I am going to extend my “summer challenge” until summer actually ends- which will be by my birthday on September 23rd. But since WI day is on Wednesday, my last WI will be on September 22nd. That gives me another month to lose the last 8.6 lbs. Think I can do it? I don’t know…but it will at least get me closer to those 20 lbs.

To be completely honest, I am angry at myself. I don’t want to hang around the same weight for months like I often do. I want to lose this weight!!! I know how important it is not to get impatient with myself- so I don’t want to go there- but it’s getting hard. I am so slow at this weight loss thing and I could probably lose faster if I banned foods, but I don’t think that would be sustainable for me. Just keeping pushing on, I guess!

I got up this morning and saw that it was only 56* outside so I decided to get out there for a run. I ran 1 mile in 13:33 and got a sinus headache, so I walked the rest of the way for 2.63 miles. I burned 360 calories. I think my allergies are starting to act up. I’m not sure what it is. But I don’t want this to interfere with my workouts! But the sun was shining and it was beautiful outside and I enjoyed the workout.

For breakfast, I had Trader Joe’s quick cooking steel cut oats. I cooked them on the stovetop this time. I wasn’t that impressed. It made 1/2 the serving size of my usual oats for the same points value. It was more gritty and I like mine creamy. I guess I’ll stick w/ my cheap oats! Now to find a use for these quick cooking steel cut oats… I mixed in 1/2 cup of strawberries and had 1 cup of 1% milk for 4 points.

 82510 002 82510 004

82510 005

I spent the morning reading for school. Tons and tons of reading. But if I do little bits here and there, it helps break it up a little bit.

I called the car dealership that had our address for a different customer and they didn’t seem to care that personal information had been mailed to us for one of their other customers. They didn’t do anything. Another reason I hate that car dealership. Last time I was there for a repair, they tried to tell me that I would endure bodily harm and tried to scare me, if I didn’t replace a part right away. The part was repaired for like $10 and didn’t need to be replaced. I have no respect for that place. But it bothers me even more that they don’t care to keep their records straight and don’t care if I received a letter from a bank for one of their other customers because they put the wrong address in their system.

For lunch, I had 4 pieces of teriyaki chicken for 4 points.

82510 007

I also made up a salad out of lettuce, blueberries, and sliced almonds topped with raspberry vinaigrette for 3 points- DELISH!

82510 006

For dessert, I had banana soft serve topped with a little whipped cream for 2 points. I LOVE this stuff!

82510 008

After lunch, I headed to my doctor’s appointment. It’s that time of year again. ughhh I hate those yearly exams, do you hear me, ladies? The Doctor commented on my weight loss again and encouraged me to keep going. My blood pressure read as normal for once- Yay!!! I asked her to prescribe me some allergy meds and she said, “no problem.” So I am back on the allergy meds and I REALLY hope this helps out. I can really tell that there is something in the air that is starting to bother me again with coughing and a tight chest. Maybe I won’t end up getting sick and on prednisone this year!

I ran a few errands and dropped by Starbucks to treat myself to a light mocha Frappacino for 2 points. Yum!

82510 009

When I got home, I had a half serving of these for 1.5 points, while I continued reading for school.

82510 01182510 012 

I was still hungry, so I had an apple with PB for 4.5 points. This is my new favorite snack!!

82510 014

It’s amazing how fruits and veggies are so much more satisfying than the cracker type snacks. But once in a while you just get a craving for something like that. When I first started on this journey, I bought 100 calorie packs and anything that made it seem like I was eating the way I had been eating, but being healthy about it. As I continued on, I realized that these aren’t the foods that I need to be eating and slowly incorporated more fruits and veggies into my diet. The 100 calorie packs taught me a lot about portion control though!

For supper, I had Creamy Chicken and Veggies for 6.5 points. This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found in Kraft magazine and I halved the serving size but I ended up having 1.5 servings- still less than what they said was a serving size.

82510 015

I made smoothies to go for dessert out of a banana and peaches for 3 points each. That leaves me with .5 point left over for the day!

82510 016

I will not be posting my usual foods pics for the rest of the week, but I do have some posts planned!

11 comments :

  1. I miss Frappuccinos!!! Love those Mocha Lites!

    Isn't banana soft serve the best?!

    Don't be angry at yourself. This journey is long and hard. You have done a great job losing this summer and should be PROUD! Even your doc thinks so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be angry with yourself. There is always a reason when you maintain. It's just a matter of figuring it out. Sometimes we get complacent. Sometimes the body itself takes a break. Sometimes it is the weather (heat and humidity).

    Nothing wrong with losing slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that steel cut oats cook best in the slow cooker on low i usually put it on after dinner and i go stir it every now and then until it's cooked. It honestly cooks up double the volume of regular oats :)
    I know this journey gets really hard at times but even really slow is a lot better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't raspberry dressing the best? :)
    Work hard this week and have a great weigh in next week. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get frustrated! I know that it is so frustrating, but things will move in the right direction. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its normal to get frustrated when you are putting in so much effort and scale plays up :) But keep going strong. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I sense a gain, I cut way way back. Just for a few days. That usually makes the correction. Your food looks good enough to eat. Even the Cheddar Bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope u dont mind me making a suggestion...
    I have found this for myself on WW

    When I use my points on bad foods I gain, or dont lose weight
    When I use my points on good foods and allow only one treat once a week or every other day I lose.
    The body releases the fat with good foods...
    If I look at the foods you eat you allow yourself a few treats a day, like I did ~ and now I've gained.
    I am cutting back on all treats till I lose the weight and only allowing myself one treat over the weekend...that is how desperate I am to drop the weight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lost more than half of your goal. I think that is an awesome accomplishment! The paragraph you bolded, yeah, that really hit a nerve in me. I know exactly how you feel. I can't even get off the first bit of weight. UGH! I'm not giving up this time, and that's the difference. I know I'll succeed, and I don't care how long it takes.

    Keep powering through; I think you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard that ragweed is going to be worse than year than it has been in many. If you're a fall allergy sufferer, that might be the issue.

    I hit this funky plateau/small gains thing when I was on Weight Watchers and I did a week of eliminated processed food. I focus on eating just whole/natural foods and it cut my cravings and was a nice jump start. In the old WW program, it would be basically eating just core foods. May be worth a try! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think losing almost 12 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. :) Congratulations! I bet you'll have a great loss next week. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...