SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Angel

My day started off a little backwards today. I did not want to get out of bed (what else is new?) and seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. My head was foggy and I just didn’t feel good.

I did eat some cheerios with milk and a banana for breakfast for 4.5 points.

81910 001

I went back to bed for another hour and woke up feeling a little better, but still really tired. I made up some tea, which usually tastes good- but just tasted like Lysol today.

81910 003

I was hungry, so I had a serving of ABC trail mix for 3 points.

81910 005

I feel like my  blog is getting boring. The same old thing everyday. I’m not sure how to change it up. Maybe I’ll have more to say about my day when I go back to school next week. I definitely like posting pictures of my food because it does help me to make better choices- most of the time! Are there any suggestions you have to make my blog more enjoyable for you?

I had someone I work with (but she doesn’t see me since I’m at home now!) ask me today how my diet was going. I told her how much I had lost and she asked me questions about how I have stayed motivated for so long. So that made me feel good. I feel like I am really accomplishing something, no matter how long it takes.

For lunch, I had a chicken breast (with BBQ sauce) with a tomato and cucumbers for 3.5 points.

81910 006

On my last break, I had an apple with peanut butter for 4 points.

81910 007

As far as the almond butter issue I mentioned yesterday, I mixed it up even more and it still tastes bad. I had hubby try it and he said it was bad too, so it wasn’t just me. I emailed Trader Joe’s to see what they can do for me- so we’ll see!

I also had a serving of Genisoy sweet crisps for 2 points.

81910 008

I was really hungry after work, but I had to stay out of the kitchen since I already had enough snacks today. It’s just a matter of keeping myself busy. Reading blogs is a good way to do that!

I realized that I haven’t come up with my next 10 lb goal yet! I can’t believe I forgot that. Maybe I just need to think of something that will motivate me beyond belief so I can get this weight off! ;) Any ideas? I can’t think of anything that I need right now- but I’m sure I’ll think of something. haha No problems there!

I attempted something different today. I made hot dog and hamburger buns- using the bread machine, of course! :) They turned out pretty well! I let them rise longer than the recipe called for- so next time I can make more because they turned out HUGE! I cut them in half, which also cuts the points value in half- sweet! They’re still 2.5 points each- but I’m going to find a lower point recipe one of these days.

So for supper I had fat free hotdogs on buns and broiled zucchini for 7.5 points.

81910 009

For dessert, I made little sundaes out of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 a small banana, and a few cashews topped with sugar free chocolate syrup for 4.5 points. This was delicious!

81910 011

I ended up with 2 points left over.

I let my supper settle and then I headed out the door for a run. I ran all 3 miles again! I finished in 43:39- faster than Tuesday’s run! My HR monitor didn’t work the entire time, so I’m not sure how many calories I burned. I guess I burned the same amount whether I know how many it is or not. I’m so proud that I finished! I was pretty tired by mile 2, so I texted hubby and asked him to come finish with me. By 2.5 miles I didn’t think he was coming and then as I turned around to Beyonce singing, “Everywhere I’m looking now / I’m surrounded by your embrace / Baby I can see your Halo / You know you’re my saving grace.” It was so fitting and I had to laugh. There he was- like an angel to help me finish. ;)

1 comment :

  1. Your blog is wonderful -
    Anything but boring!
    Glad you are doing well...
    Yuk on the Almond butter.
    I'm sure they will make it right.
    Trader Joe's ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...