SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 20, 2012

Guest Post by Cassie: New Motivation

I am pretty sure that most of you read Alissa blog because like me, you find her to be of an inspiration. Her daily (honest) post about how she is feeling, what she ate, exercise routine and struggles are all easily relatable to me. When she asked for guest post I immediately volunteered. I am hoping by posting my story here I can maybe help someone else that is having the same struggles as I am and maybe even in the process of losing my weight I can gain support from my fellow bloggers!

I have always been curvy. I am almost 5'9 so a few curves never bothered me. I was 150ish in high school and OK with my body. I hit college and slowly started creeping up the scale. I hit 200lbs the year I turned 21. It has been a slow and steady increase each year.

2 years ago I decided I had enough. I started Weight Watchers (WW) through my work and started the Couch to 5k. I started losing weight pretty quickly and got down to 220ish (I was 275ish). I was really proud of my self (you can read about some of these trails and accomplishments http://cassie1984.blogspot.com/ - quick story if you aren't familiar with my blog I had to switch my blog address when my Gmail got hacked and I couldn't get back into it so I have my old blog http://cassie1984.blogspot.com/and my current blog http://cassiechole.blogspot.com/ ) I was looking good and feeling better.

Then in August of 2010 my life changed for the better. I met my better half and my future husband. Suddenly my desire to run and eat healthier was over come with the desire for fun date nights and cuddling on the couch. I lost all motivation to take care of myself and let myself enjoy being head over heels.

Now, I don't regret enjoying any moment with Justin and loving him with all my heart. I do, however, regret not eating better and taking time to run and swim.

On January 2, 2012, Justin asked me to be his wife. My heart is full and I couldn't be happier. Except for one little thing. Well a big thing...my weight. I am at a whopping 278. We have sat a date - August 4, 2012. That's pretty close and I have decided to really use this as motivation.
Last night I joined WW online (If you use it let me know so we can be WW buddies!) - Today is my first actual day on the plan and I know I can do this. I know there will be struggles and times I crash. But my eyes are on the prize - I want to look and feel great on our special day.

One thing I have learned on this weight journey is my feelings, goals and struggles aren't unique. There is always someone out there that is going through the same thing I am. I appreciate you reading my guest post and hope that you are feeling great. If you are trying to lose, have lost or just here to read an inspirational story I hope that you are doing it the healthy weigh and enjoying every minute of your story!

I hope you come visit me at http://cassiechole.blogspot.com/ - if you stop by let me know your story!

2 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...