SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Day of Freedom

I hope that you all had fantastic weekends! Mine was alright- would have been much better if I had a few more days. :) Hubby had to work on Saturday because they’re finishing up a school remodel and they need to get it finished up before school starts. Lots of overtime for him- poor guy didn’t get a break this week working 63 hours! I did a little shopping and made some homemade spaghetti sauce- which I will do a separate post on later this week.

This is back to school week for me, but my first day of class will be tomorrow. I’m back to my school schedule, so I had to start working at 7:30 this morning instead of 8:00. You wouldn’t think that a half hour would make that much difference but it was really hard to get going this morning. Maybe it’s because it’s Monday.

For breakfast I had the usual toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana along with a cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

82310 008

I also made up an iced coffee for 1.5 points. Don’t you love my new reusable cup? I LOOOVE this cup- so cute! :) I’ve been looking for travel cups for smoothies- so these will be perfect! I bought 2 of them.

82310 010

For break I had a peach. It wasn’t ripe at all and tasted like a peach flavored apple.

82310 011

For lunch I had 1/2 a whole wheat pita stuffed with egg salad, bbq pop chips, and a tomato for 7 points.

82310 012

Dessert was dark chocolate, a gift from hubby, for 3 points.

82310 013

I spent my last break on the phone with a bank asking why I got a letter in the mail with someone’s else’s name on it with our address telling us we had not been approved for an auto loan. That was a little bit scary to get that in the mail! I started thinking about identity theft- and what was even more weird was that the bank was based out of my hometown in Illinois. But turns out, the car dealership made a typo and put our address and the guy lives down the street. Sorry that you didn’t get approved for a car loan, dude. But I think all is well, I just need to call the car dealership and let them know about their error- I’m not a big fan of that place… so not looking forward to calling them!

I ended up working an extra hour to help out. The sad part is that I won’t get overtime for staying late anymore because I reduce my hours for school. Oh well! Can’t say I don’t help out once in a while anyways!

Supper was whole wheat pasta w/ my homemade spaghetti sauce. It was pretty good! I also had green beans and sandwich thin garlic toast. All for a total of 6.5 points.

82310 014

Dessert was a scoop of ice cream with sugar free chocolate syrup for 3 points.

82310 015

I have 2.5 points left over for the rest of the night.

Since tomorrow is the first day back to school I’m a little nervous but I’m sure I’ll be fine. I hate the first day, “Let’s go around the room and say your name and something interesting about yourself” procedures…ughhh. I have nothing to say! lol It makes everyone uncomfortable and no one really care what everyone else says- so total waste of time.

One of my professors emailed a 13 page syllabus on Saturday (talk about crashing the last days of summer vacation!) with a 40 page reading assignment for the first day of class. Nice. He’s hoping not to spend much time talking about the syllabus…what am I getting myself into? lol

3 comments :

  1. I miss school. I would love to go back to get my Masters so that is something I am working towards. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

    BTW: How do you make your egg salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on your classes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...