SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend, Baking, and Sharing Clean Eating with Hubby

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. As always, mine went too fast. I just want to crawl back under the covers and stay put. But unfortunately, I have to go to work.

I just wanted to check in to say that I am still within my WW points. I have used up all of my weekly points but I am tracking everything and haven’t gone over. I just need to get through today and tomorrow.

I ate clean over the majority of the weekend. Friday night hubby and I decided eat Subway for supper and I also had a small cone at Dairy Queen. Everything was within my points. No guilt.

Other than that, the only other “unclean” food I ate was salad dressing. Yeh, I think I’m doing ok!

I did a little baking this weekend. I made clean eating granola bars—the recipe was for granola but I used quick oats instead of rolled oats and ended up making them into bars. I also tested out a recipe for peanut butter balls, which I ate one of…yep, only one! Technically, this may not have been “clean” because I don’t think the dark chocolate I bought was dark enough—but I just needed to test the recipe. And then I also baked the dessert I had planned to make for Valentine’s Day- Molten Lava Cakes. They were good—but not worth the 8 points each, in my opinion.

One thing that I love about clean eating is that when I eat a “clean” dessert, I am satisfied. They are usually rich, not overloaded with sweetness, and I am satisfied with one. Hubby couldn’t even finish his lava cake—it was that rich! Cocoa rich though, not sugar rich, if you know what I mean.

Funny story. I whipped up my favorite dessert for hubby this weekend. It’s 3 points and so delicious. Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla. I eat this practically every night during the week and was so excited to share it with him.

His reaction to the first bite, “blechhhhh”, while making this long face like he’d just eaten a lemon. I was like, “what is wrong with you?” He declared his wasn’t mixed right, so he tried mine, which I was happily eating, “Blecchhhhh”. “I don’t understand what is so bad about this to you!” “Blechhhh”. He ate it all. I think it was just shocking to his palate to eat something that wasn’t SWEET SWEET. lol

This week I want to do better about working out. This has been a struggle for me. I have to do it for my health, even if it’s just going for a walk.

How was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. Hahaha. I raved to my husband about how much I loved the honey Greek Oikos. He opened one that I had for him. Same reaction as your hubby. He even threw it away! LOL Oh well. I bet you had fun experimenting with the baking over the weekend. You can make it today and tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me. I meant Greek Oikos *honey flavor.* He actually will eat the strawberry fruit on the bottom kind.

      Delete
  2. ohh molten lava cake sounds YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greek yogurt, but my hubby just can handle it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My partner has the same reaction to many of the healthy things I rave about. I guess your palate changes over time. Seems like your doing a great job with the clean eating.... I am trying to clean up my diet again (really just need to work on eliminating artificial sweeteners)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once made someone try one of my green smoothies...banana, strawberries, chocolate protein powder and spinach. I think it's delicious but they had the same reaction as your husband! It just goes to show how much your taste buds change when you're eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband pulled the "blech" on the green juices I was making last summer. Oh well...more of me! Have a great Clean Monday Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you give the measurement of your yummy treat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering what your greek yogurt recipe looks like? I tried it out tonight and there was not much tast to what I put together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...