SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Looking ahead and planning for success

This morning I signed hubby and myself up for two 5k races. It’s official! We’ve paid for them and they’re on the schedule.

The first 5K is in April and the other is in June. A couple of my friends are going to walk the one in April also, so that will be fun! I do plan on running though.

The one in June is actually a Biggest Loser 5K, which I’m pretty excited about! Hubby and I set up a team, and I’m hoping to recruit more members of my family. (Hey, Mom, Dad, Mike, Angie, and Betta!!!) I have a high school friend, whom I keep in touch with on Facebook, that is going to run this 5K too.

This is going to be my motivation to get back on that treadmill and run. My goal for next week is to run 1 mile each day for 5 days. It’s an easy goal, but will help me get back in the groove.

I am so looking forward to spring when it’s nice enough to get outside and be active. I Love Love Love running outside in the sunshine; especially in the springtime after a long winter. It makes me happy.

I have been forcing myself to wake up at 5 a.m. every day, for the past two weeks, even though I wouldn’t have to. The goal was to at least get in the habit of waking up—and eventually I will use the time to work out. So this week, I will work out in the mornings. I will keep you updated on my anticipated success…I really need to get it together!

Someone recently wrote a blog post about feeling stuck in a rut of sorts. They wanted weight loss to be easy and had forgotten that it isn’t and never was! I related to that so much. I want this to be easy and have forgotten that those first almost 90 lbs. (since decreased to 60-ish) that I’ve lost were not easily lost. It was HARD. But I did it. And I can do it again.

I need to suck it up, quit complaining about how hard it is, stop letting stress tear me apart, realize that my schedule is busy because I MADE IT THAT WAY, and do what it takes to get this weight loss thing done. I keep adding more to my plate because I am FINALLY meeting “career” goals; things that I want to achieve because I have a passion for them…and I’m getting paid to do it! So while I’m achieving more in one area of my life, I feel like the weight loss/fitness side of it isn’t doing so well. Balance, Balance, Balance.

I will find my balance again.

So to start tipping that scale in the other direction, I’m going to start training for the upcoming 5Ks. What makes me happiest, is that I have made future plans that involve living a healthy lifestyle. Just because I’m not perfect doesn’t mean I’m not trying. I’m just doing the best I can with what I’ve got in the moment. And I’m about to increase it just a notch.

Who’s with me?

5 comments :

  1. I think it is very hard to balance everything, and we can't expect ourselves to be perfect. But, like you said, just because it is not perfect doesn't mean we aren't trying. Can't wait to hear about your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much encompassed how most of us feel. I think that as women we are especially prone to falling into the I need to be "perfect" trap. I love that you are "just doing the best I can with what I’ve got in the moment". That's a great attitude!! I can't wait to hear about your progress the next few weeks/months in your race training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting your workouts in the morning is great idea. It feels like you have accomplished something. It feels great! And best of luck with the training. You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know girl i am in a rut too and you are right, iam not making it hard anymore!! I totally needed this this morning...glad i woke up and got an early workout in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's def the spirit!!! You can do this. Get it done before your next plans begin to unfold :-).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...