SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Getaway and Best Body Bootcamp Day 1

Hubby and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday. The years just keep adding up and with every year, I love him more!

He surprised me with a weekend getaway trip. He took care of all of the reservations, etc. I have to say, I loved this surprise!!

The weekend getaway was to Des Moines. I always love spending time there.

He booked the weekend at the Sheraton which, as soon as I walked in the lobby, I remembered from when I was a child! My family had stayed there one time while in Iowa for wedding.

DMtrip 008

I remembered the 10 floor hotel with the glass elevators and water fall. I remember being so intrigued by the glass elevators as a kid. Smile

DMtrip 002

Hubby picked the perfect hotel! It was really nice. They actually upgraded us to the Club Level, which was even better! We were all the way up on the 10th floor. Here was the view from our room.

DMtrip 006

They even had Starbucks in the room.

DMtrip 001

I loved these side tables. We could really use these at home to charge our cell phones at night!

DMtrip 007

We worked out both days. We were able to practice swimming on Saturday and got in a run on Sunday.

I tracked everything I ate. I allowed myself to eat a good dinner out for our anniversary, but I still ordered the half portions and didn’t eat all of my meal.

I didn’t get very many pictures, as you can see! We spent the time shopping, made a Starbucks stop, and just enjoyed being together. It was nice!

I scored a few good deals while shopping. I finally found a couple of pillows for our love seat. They match the curtains nicely.

DMtrip 026

And GUESS WHAT?! I totally won the Keurig on Danica’s Daily! And you know how happy I am about that!! I’ve been talking about wanting one for quite a while!

While shopping, I found a couple of goodies.

1022 003

The most impressive bargain was for the capsule holder. $7.48 and originally $24.99!

1022 004

And these are kind of expensive, but I did save a few pennies.

1022 005

I can’t wait to get my machine!

Then on the way home, hubby’s parents asked us to meet for pizza, which I hadn’t planned for and it threw me for al loop. I ate more than I should have and then ate a hot fudge sundae. That was my worst moment and I am not proud of that. But I tracked it. It didn’t make me feel very good at all! Blech!

The scale did not show many any love this morning after that…

I was still so full and not feeling good from all of the food yesterday and I didn’t even want to think about breakfast this morning. Instead, I drank 6 cups of water.

DMtrip 014

A couple of hours into working, I ate a banana.

DMtrip 015

And sipped on my coffee with creamer.

DMtrip 016

On my break, I ate a baked “hard boiled” egg.

DMtrip 017

And a light string cheese.

DMtrip 018

That was just enough to hold me over until the end of my shift and lunch time.

For lunch, I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, sliced almonds, blue cheese crumbles, turkey and light ranch.

DMtrip 021

I also ate left over homemade soup. I threw this soup together based on what we had in the house. It’s basically beans, rice and chicken. But it’s very good!

DMtrip 022

I finished it up with an apple and peanut butter.

DMtrip 023

It was such a rainy morning. I burned a delicious smelling candle and it just added to the mood.

DMtrip 019

I don’t burn candles very often because the scents seem to bother my sinuses and asthma, but I thought I’d give it a try! I wish I didn’t have those problems!

I also lit up my electric pumpkin—so cute!

DMtrip 020

I love giving the house a fall festive feel. It feels more like home that way.

After lunch, I got started working on my second job. I got all of the work I wanted to get done and then called it quits for the day.

I was so hungry by that time. I hadn’t gotten in any grains yet, so I ate 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal with 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed in.

DMtrip 024

I was hoping that would fill me up until supper time. It did the trick!

I wanted to get in a workout for the day, so I decided I had better drink some coffee because my energy was waning.

DMtrip 025

While sipping my coffee, I spent some time reading up on blogs. I know this support system is so important in losing weight. Thanks to all of you bloggers and commenters! If you have a blog that I don’t comment on, please leave me a comment with your address!

Today I started day 1 of Best Body Bootcamp. What a KILLER!!! OMW. I don’t think I’ll be able to walk tomorrow. Which is a good thing, I know. No pain, no gain. Right?

Today’s workout consisted of 30 minutes strength training and a little over 30 minute interval training on the treadmill. I went 2 miles total, but that’s because I walked the recovery intervals and ran at an uncomfortable pace for the speed intervals. I can see myself increasing my mileage as I improve.

But I am proud of myself. It’s been a long time since I felt really good about a workout. I know I really pushed myself.

After the workout, I had one of these.

DMtrip 027

These are actually pretty handy, but expensive! I don’t know how they make milk that doesn’t have to be refrigerated. Must be the packaging.

I got supper going and hubby was home in no time!

I baked Blue Hake and also had acorn squash, green beans and stuffing. I decided to omit all but 1 Tbs. of the butter from the stuffing mix. I added just a little bit more water and you can’t even tell the difference. Next time, I’m not using butter at all! What a waste of calories. The stuffing was my little piece of deliciousness that made the meal good so I still felt satisfied.

1022 001

Dessert tonight was canned peaches. My in-laws give these to us every year. They are home canned Missouri peaches. Yummy!

1022 002

I still have points left for the day! I am very proud of myself for today. I ate within my points, while eating my fruits/veggies and getting in my water, and also got in an hour workout.

It was a good day! I want the rest of the week to be just as good so I can get these pounds off and get this body looking better!

7 comments :

  1. I loved Tina's training plans. I did a round a while ago. I didn't know it was starting up again. Awesome job getting in exercise even on your getaway. Thats shows the change in mindset, when it becomes a priority :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!

    Don't beat yourself up over the pizza! You had a terrific weekend otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww girl!! Happy Anniversary!! Ours is next month, 6 years too!! What a sweet hubby so glad yall had fun! I could totally live with a hotel that has starbucks and YAY for winning the keurig!! It looks like you are totally back on track in your mojo again and I cant wait to see your success!! Those peaches look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. I have stayed at that very hotel-my husband's airline puts them up there. The whole area is beautiful over there.

    You will LOVE your Keurig. I use it all the time. I even use it for just hot water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Alissa... Danica sent me a private email saying that *I* actually won that Keurig! ha! :) Sounds like you did GREAT on your surprise trip! I stink at doing good around pizza. Why does it have to be so yummy, and why can't I just eat a slice or two and be done?! Ugh. Glad you had a good anniversary and yay for a good day back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so back on track Alissa. But more importantly, HUGE belated Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary-- what a lovely trip!

    Congrats about the keurig. I love mine-- I just wish the kcups weren't so expensive. I bought one of those refillable cups where you can put your own grounds in it. Saves some money!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...