SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 12, 2012

Checking in

Hello! I’ve taken the week to try to catch up on some reviews and other things I needed to get done. Thus, the lack of my daily picture posts.

How have I been doing? Well, typical to my self depreciating nature, as you all have probably come to know too well, I feel like I am failing.

After a weekend of splurging (when am I NOT splurging lately?), being away from home and eating out, I ended up with a gain this week AGAIN. A gain of a couple of pounds. It’s my own fault that I can’t seem to get this together.

BUT, on the other hand, I have started working out again. And it feels wonderful. I know this will help with the weight gain. If nothing else, it will keep my weight steady while I try to work through why I can’t seem to get my eating under control.

I’ve gotten back in to running. 30 minutes on the treadmill per day. I ran Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I’m going to try to get in another run today. Well, right now I’ve been run/walking because I get bored on the treadmill and the intervals really help.

So…I’d say I’m doing 50-50 right now. I could do better with the eating. I AM counting my points though, which is an improvement from last week. I’m still good for this week.

I also wanted to say that my cousin lost 125 lbs. I was talking to him the other day and he told me that during his weight loss journey, there was a year that he didn’t lose and actually gained 20 lbs. He started running, and the rest of the weight came off.

This was reassuring to me. I’ve been stagnant for a year and have gained about 15 lbs. This is NOT my end. Just like it wasn’t his end. And now he’s at his goal. What an inspiration. I can do this too. I just have to figure out how to get over this hurdle that I’ve come to.

I think most people in my situation would have either given up or at least stopped blogging. I haven’t done either. I guess that counts for something.

Are you tried of hearing this same old story all the time? ME TOO!

I want to tell myself, “well if you’d stop splurging, stay within your calories, and exercise more, you would lose this weight”, but it seems to be more complicated than that for me. It’s true, I really would lose the weight if I did those things, but why isn’t it clicking in my head?

How many times will I write this same post? I guess as many times as it takes until I get it through my thick skull that if I want this bad enough, I will accept nothing short of my best!

10 comments :

  1. No matter how many times you write this post, we will keep reading! You are inspiring even when you're going through the rough times because you are REAL! And there is nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sick of it... makes me feel more normal! LOL That's great to have that encouragement from your cousin, though. I'm sure that makes YOU feel more normal. WTG on running. Some is better than none at all, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through the "same old story" too. I am glad to know I am not alone in this struggle. We can only keep trying and it will happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you can totally do this!! I know you can. I know you want it bad enough, life is just stressful and its HARD when you are working. Just take a breather and re-evaluate your situation and start again. Your never failing as long as you are trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you keep trying, you will start making better selections without even knowing it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing a therapist might be money well spent. There are many who specialize with food addictions and weight loss. I really believe you can't change the body without changing the head. I'm only sorry I didn't do it sooner. It's changed everything for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to beat someone who never quits. Alissa, just keep trying. I've had about a zillion restarts on my quest to lose some pounds, but I'm just hanging in there. I get really impatient with myself. It's odd that I have tons of patience with others, but none with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the story of my weight loss journey. It's taken me 2 1/2 years to lose 40lbs of the 70!! I gained when I was pregnant. I know what I need to do, I just can't get my eating habits under control. Sigh..I am SO right there with you. (AND I just got back from vacation, you guessed it, I gained FIVE lbs in two weeks :-/ ) You're not alone in this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is nice and informative post shared on the site. When we will connect and use it. The good effort for published healthy instruction and better for all of them. We can find informative instruction.


    valentines flower delivery

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...