SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weigh in Day

This morning I weighed in at 208.2, which is a .4 loss this week. I am going to take it and run with it because I didn’t have the best week- once again. This has GOT to change. The only hope that I have is that next week is finals week and everything should calm down a bit after that. But a loss is a loss and I’m going to take it!

For breakfast, I had oatmeal with a sliced banana and peanut butter, along with a glass of milk for 10 points.

42711 001

Before signing in to work, I brewed coffee with half and half for 1 point.

42711 002

On my first break, I had a Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek yogurt for 4 points.

42711 003

For lunch, I had egg salad with carrots and a slice of German black bread for 6 points.

42711 004

I LOVE this bread! I found it at the store when I got groceries last night. It’s a locally made bread and only 2 points per slice! YUM!

For dessert, I had what was left of the No Pudge! brownie mix- which was a half serving- 2 points.

42711 005

I am going to ease up a bit on trying to get certain percentages of protein, fat and carbs. I am now mindful of getting in more protein, but I feel like it was just too much for me right now and I felt like I was deprived. This might be the cause for me wanting to snack- and go over my points- and have weigh ins like I have had lately. I learned a lot from my little experiment and I am still aiming at getting more protein in- but just easing up a bit on tracking it all. I need to do something that I can sustain and not feel overwhelmed doing. Little changes, right?

Part of it may have been feeling like I have not had much variety in what I’m eating. I’ve felt like I can’t eat bread, oatmeal, fruits or anything carb like. There’s nothing wrong with eating these foods- in moderation. And that has always been my philosophy. I have to do what works for me. Ideally, I would love to be able to eat only “healthy” foods all the time and feel satisfied, but I don’t. I admire those of you who can eat like you’re on the first day of a diet, every single day.

I think that I set up these goals for myself on how I should be eating, and then when I fall short- I feel like a failure and that sparks eating foods I really shouldn’t be indulging in, etc. The trend continues. So I’m going to keep doing this my way- incorporating what I have learned! This sounds like a plan to me, but I am always willing to make changes when I feel they are needed.

For my last break, I had an apple with PB for 3 points.

42711 006

For supper, I had grilled chicken, black eyed peas, cottage cheese and Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese for 8 points.

42711 007

For dessert, I had a serving of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream for 5 of my weekly points.

42711 008

I need to start making pudding ahead of time again for desserts- so low point and so delicious!

Overall, I feel like today was a pretty healthy day. Could have eaten more veggies though!

I’m glad that we’re half way through the week!

7 comments :

  1. A loss is a loss--congrats!
    That German bread looks incredible. That's exactly the kind of bread I love to eat-and locally made as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the loss - every little bit helps and gets you closer to where you want to be. That bread does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep forgetting to try pb in my oatmeal! Sounds yummy and can't believe I've never had it :) congrats on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loss is a loss, and you should be proud :)

    Do you home make your pudding? I've never tried that before. Pudding is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right a loss is a loss.. no matter what the number is. I think your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo everyone who said "a loss is a loss". Way to go Alissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love PB in my oatmeal! It's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...