SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stress

I have been incredibly stressed out for about a week now and it has just gotten worse over the weekend. This is all due to a project that I am working on for school. I don’t know how to describe my partner, but it has been terrible. For example, when I tell someone I am going to meet them at 10:00, I get there at 10:00 or even 9:55 so that I am there and ready to go. Him? He texts me at 10:15 to tell me that he is on his way. And last night, we made plans to meet at 4:00, and he texts me at 4:20 to tell me that he has to take a shower and then he would be over. No, I’m sorry, that’s not the way it works. So I told him that maybe we could just meet another time. (I am NOT going to sit around and wait for him to take a shower- with Hubby leaving the next morning, I’d rather spend time with him) I ended up calling him and he told me he hadn’t done anything, so I’m like, “Well there’s no point of us meeting tonight then.” (I spent all day Saturday working on this project and wrote 8 pages by myself)

I cannot stand irresponsible people like that. It drives me crazy. I just cannot understand how you can be so disrespectful to other people. Be on time.

There is so much more to this that I won’t bore you with- but I just wanted to let you know that’s why I didn’t post last night. I came home. Didn’t even turn on my computer to check my email. Turned off my phone. Unplugged and tried to let it all go. (This is after bawling my eyes out). I need to feel in control. Why do I care so much? Because I don’t want to fail. Because I am not happy with anything less than an A. It’s really hard to work with someone who doesn’t seem to care. Or seems disorganized. I do not wait until the last minute to get things done- EVER. It’s just too risky.

So I’m going to take today off of blogging too so I can just focus on getting this project done, that is after I work all day today.

The big presentation is tomorrow and I will feel so much better when it’s done- whether it’s a total screw up or not. Honestly, I am not very good at dealing with stress!!

16 comments :

  1. I wish you all the best on your project! You will do great, because you put all your hard work and effort into it! I understand when you say you don't like to wait around for others. I rather be 30 minutes early for something then 1 minute late. Its hard to work with someone whom is on another page. Good luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your partner. This has happened to me and it's no fun but I know you'll do well!
    I'm the same way with being late--I hate it, and I'll always be a few minutes early too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate projects when you are stuck with duds. I hope everything works out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sorry for your stress! I HATE group work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a deuche! I hated group work with a passion, I always got stuck with duds. Good luck today!

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would contact your professor and do the work without your partner.. He can do his own presentation and get the grade he deserves, an F! That is crap! I hate when people do that, especially for lame excuses.. I'm usually only late when traffic is terrible..

    I'm sure your professor will give you the grade for your efforts, and if anything, don't share your work with him.. make him look like the dumb ass he is..

    Either way, I wish you all the luck in the world with your presentation tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so know what you mean, I have definitely been there with the annoying partners. Good luck on it tho, I'm sure it'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would just look at it as a challenge. It is seriously not worth crying over. What you should to is really find out what this person's strengths are and work in that way (obviously time management is not a strength). You know he will never be on time, so you can accept that and move on. Part of the thing about doing partnerships or group activities is how to work with different types of people, not just the project itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have good reason to stress. I'm so sorry you got a deadbeat partner. I just don't understand why people can't pull their own weight. I'm sorry all of the weight has been on your shoulders. I hope your presentation tomorrow goes well. You will definitely feel good when it's over. Stupid partner. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to say it happens in the real world too! :)

    If it is a traditional age student, it's possible he doesn't care. I'm in my late 30's and finally finishing my bachelor's -- I've always been a conscientious student even in my 20's - but more so now as an adult on my dime.

    What he doesn't know will show through on the presentation, I wouldn't hesitate to let the professor know he hasn't pulled his weight - but I'm betting it will be obvious. I have had a couple of professors who have let us fill out a rubric on our classmate's participation in the group.

    I was a bit obessive about all "A's" as well, but I got my first B+ during summer school last year. The world didn't end. :) In the big picture of life, it's still all good because I did my BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The very reason I put off going back to school for over two years after first thinking about it. No fun at all! I hope everything goes well with the project from your end and you got a ton done today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so frustrating! Try and take a bath or something tonight to help you unwind and relax a little. I have always prefered to do things on my own, have control of my own destiny for a lack of a better word. It will be great! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Projects can be so frustrating! Take your time out and relax. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...