SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Monday Like the Rest

It’s Monday again. I had a great weekend and I hope you did too! Make sure to check out my posts on spring, my Bread Machine Banana Bread Recipe, and my Epic Bike Ride!

For breakfast this morning, I loaded up on protein. I had two Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patties, 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg whites, 1 slice Swiss cheese melted on top, with 1 cup of 1% milk and a banana for 10 points.

41111 001

Saying goodbye to hubby wasn’t quite as sad this morning because he’s hoping to only be gone a couple of days this week. I hope that it works out!!

Before signing in to work, I brewed some coffee and added half and half for 1 point.

41111 002

On my break, I had 1/2 serving of almonds for 3 points.

41111 004

I brought back a cup of grapes for 0 points.

41111 003

For lunch, I was craving a sandwich for some reason. I was actually craving a sandwich yesterday too, but didn’t eat one. So that’s what I had for lunch today. I needed some carbs to level out my percentages- so all was well! The sandwich consisted of light bread, miracle whip, Swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce, ham and turkey for 6 points. I also had a serving of BBQ Pop Chips for 3 points.

41111 005

I have greatly reduced how often I eat things like Pop Chips. But I do crave them periodically, and I don’t think eating them once a week or so is a big deal. Sometimes I just want a cold sandwich and chips.

For a little something sweet and to get more protein and fruit in, I had a Brown Cow Strawberry Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries for 3 points.

41111 006

For supper, I had grilled salmon, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, and a lettuce salad with tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms along with light ranch dressing for 5 points.

41111 007

And I was craving chocolate for dessert, so I had a Reese’s egg for 2 points.

41111 008

That puts me right at my points target for the day. I also did pretty well on my percentages: 35.35% Carbs, 34.09% Fats, and 30.56% Protein. I’m happy with that! But I am a little hungry for some reason- so I will probably have a small snack tonight.

I am writing this sitting out in the porch. I love this time of year. It’s sunny outside. The birds are chirping. Kids are playing outside. The grass is green. It’s definitely spring time and that makes me happy!

My leg muscles and hips are so sore today. My hips are sore from walking 5 miles and biking another 5 miles yesterday, and my legs are actually sore from my first Wii Fit workout on Saturday! I LOVE that thing- So much fun!! And I burned quite a few calories! But I am resting today because I am so sore. Looking forward to a good workout tomorrow though!!

7 comments :

  1. Pop chips ARE really addictive! I was surprised after I tried them. I didn't think I would like them but they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 100 calorie things they make me feel like I am getting a little treat without the guilt, I have them at lunch a lot! I also had a brownie tonight because I just felt like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your food looks delicious. Especially your breakfast. I need to stop being lazy and make a good breakfast.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I just stumbled across your blog and I really like it so I thought I'd say hi :) It looks like we started at around the same weight and have pretty similar goals! I like how you post everything you eat and the WW points. I used to use WW points but now I just calorie count. I love seeing what other people are doing to help get the pounds off, so I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So are you having more success now that you're reducing your carb intake?
    I agree, sometimes all I want is chips and a sandwich for lunch!!!

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Alissa, so envious that you can sit on your porch and write your post. Enjoy the warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sandwich lunch looks delicious. Just like something I'd love to be eating right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...