SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lots of Surprises!

Last night, I am proud to say I did really well with my snacking. I stopped myself and asked, “Is this going to put me closer to my goal?” And I chose to eat grapes and 1 oz. of cheese. A Healthy, 2 point snack. Although earlier, I did eat a small banana bread type bar that my MIL offered, which I counted as 3 points. But that’s not where I’ve been struggling. The struggling is with the evening snacking- and I feel I did a good job!

I woke up early this morning to study for a test. I will be happy when this semester is OVER!

For breakfast this morning, I had an egg white omelet with ham and 2% cheese (cooked in a little olive oil) along with a banana and a glass of milk for 9 points.

4711 001

And then it was back to studying. Before leaving for school, I brewed some coffee and added half and half for 1 point.

4711 002

I don’t usually bring coffee with me into class but I was much more alert today! Things are starting to wind down at school now- which is a relief in one way- but I also have one big project and paper left to do. I took a test today in one of my classes and I felt like I aced it- that’s always a good feeling! So I got out of class earlier today, which gave me some time to make a delicious salad for lunch.

I had a BBQ chicken salad with leftover grilled chicken. It included lettuce, spinach, broccoli slaw, tomato, feta, dry roasted peanuts, black beans and BBQ sauce. It was amazingly delicious and only 8 points. 32 grams of protein. I’m trying!

4711 003

A while later, I satisfied my sweet tooth by having an AE Dairy clementine Greek yogurt for 5 points.

4711 004

With 14 grams of protein- it’s a good choice!

The work day went pretty quickly- so that was nice!

I was excited to get a delivery this afternoon! Hubby sent me flowers!! Smile How sweet! And it’s been such a hard week- they were just what I needed

4711 007

4711 011

For supper, I had a salmon burger with broccoli, mushrooms and alfredo sauce for 9 points.

4711 015

For dessert, I had FF/SF vanilla pudding for 2 points.

4711 016

That leaves me with 1 point left over! What I’m really happy about are my percentages for the day: 40.45% Carbs, 28.87% Fat and 30.68% Protein. I finally met my protein goal!!

As I was writing this, hubby called and asked me what I was doing. He told me he was in the garage but I didn’t believe him…but sure enough- there he was!!! That was SUCH a nice surprise!!

So I’m going to sign off and enjoy some time with my best friend. Smile

11 comments :

  1. Great job meeting your protien goal. I know that can be hard. I have been making greek yogurt smooties with a scoop of protien powder - it really helps - not sure on the points value for you but something to look into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 32 gram protein meal? You are kicking butt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! Those roses are so beautiful. WHat a thoughtful hubby you have. :)

    Good job on the eats. Enjoy your time with your sweet man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day all around for you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clemantine greek yogurt???!!! I have GOT to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww beautiful flowers....and how sweet of hubby to surprise you like that. Enjoy your time :)

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Alissa!!!! Your hubby is a keeper, what a fun surprise! (the flowers AND him arriving home unexpectedly!!) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice flowers!!! What a sweety. I usually have something sweet after dinner and then I go exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for hubby being home! Beautiful flowers! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flowers for you!
    ❀✾❀❃✿❀❀✿❃
    How Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stumbled upon your blog and I love your story...I really feel like I can relate to you in a lot of ways. It is so sweet to hear the way you talk about your husband and how he is your best friend! There is nothing better than that! I'll definitely be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...