SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 2, 2011

80 lb. Goal Progress Picture and Reward

First of all, hubby and I made a trip to Best Buy to pick up this:

80lbgoal 015

If you don’t already know, this is my 80 lbs. lost goal reward. I also picked up the Jillian DVD.

We did a little bit of shopping today. I found some cute clothes, that I was desperately in need of! One of the things was this outfit- that I LOVE. It’s a little loose fitting so it might not do the best at showing how much I’ve lost, but I NEVER would have worn a dress before, I am just starting to feel comfortable enough to wear them. But first, I want to show you where I’ve come from- because I have never posted a picture of what I used to look like. I didn’t take pictures or measurements when I first started this journey, and now I wish I had. So I found a picture that had to be before I started dieting. And it pains me to look at these pictures:

Spring2008 089

And here is me today:

80lbgoal 008

I still have a long way to go- but I feel a million times better already. It just makes me want to dance, and this dress is one of those twirly ones. Winking smile

80lbgoal 007

It feels good to lose weight. To become a better version of myself. To feel happy. Smile

26 comments :

  1. That is awesome! You're doing amazing and days like today just really make it all worth it, don't they? The dress is adorable :) How many sizes have you gone down with all this weight (if you don't mind me asking of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan- I wore a size 24 Women's Plus size when I first stated. The dress in the picture is a size XL in the regular misses department, I'm not sure what size that would be in numbers, maybe an 18? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss!! You look FANTASTIC! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, Alissa. And yippee for twirly dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic (and clearly happy!) Gimme that Wii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!!! I so love the twirly pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You look great! Love the photo of you dancing (you look SO happy)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooooooooo hoooooooooo. Celebrate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you Alissa! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent. Love the dress colour and your legs have real definition after being hidden away. Well done on the 80lbs, and keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I absolutely love that dress and now I want one for myself :-) I also hit my 80 lb. mark this week. Yay for us!!!

    Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    www.plumpnonfiction.blogspot.com

    I come here daily for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there ! Just wanted to say I saw your blog today and, wow! This is great! & good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job- and I LOVE wiiFit, hope you will, too! You look terrific and it is obvious from the photos you're feeling a lot better! CONGRATS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you look SOOOO great! Congrats to you and YES, you should dance...dance everywhere! You have done something that is very difficult to do! BE PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the twirl! Enjoy our Wii fit. Can't wait to hear how you like it! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look fabulous! Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are glowing....and you look amazing!!! congratulations!!!! i love the dress it's so cute!!!

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing, girly! You whole demeanor has changed from the before pic! You seem to have a more radiant and healthy look in your progress pics - Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found your blog... I love it!
    You look sooo happy...congrats.. keep going...
    I am also trying to lose weight.. I lost almost 20 pounds and I know how it feels. I am not at my goal weight but it feels soo good to be losing ....

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look AMAZING! Keep up the great work-I love what you said about becoming a better person and being happy.
    As a former nutritionist I have met with many people during their journey to weight loss and have understood the struggle. You look GREAT. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing. Congratulations on your massive loss, and what an awesome reward. One that will help you get even further. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...