SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Was Hungry and I Ate… A Lot

I thought for sure I would have a big loss today. I could just feel it. I felt smaller. But I stepped on the scale and lost .6, I was a little disappointed because I felt like I really put in the effort this week. Hubby called to see how the WI went and I disappointedly told him I lost .6 and he said, “Well, what’s wrong with that?” Which was just what I needed to hear. Nothing is wrong with a loss!! Thanks! Smile

For breakfast, I had an egg sandwich with a bagel thin, egg whites, cheese and ham along with a banana and a glass of milk for 10 points.

41311 002

Before signing in to work, I brewed some new coffee I picked up yesterday. It was on sale and I had a coupon:

41311 003

I added some half and half for 1 point.

41311 004

It was ok- not the best I’ve ever had. Anyone have any recommendations for great coffee you can buy in stores? I love Gevalia, but I’m thinking of canceling my membership because of the costs- after that $26 box of coffee- I’m a little disenchanted.

For my first break, I tried an Aldi’s brand of protein bar- Double chocolate. This was DELISH! LOVED the flavor- but I think maybe it’s a little high in carbs at 25g and 10g protein- 5 points per bar. What protein bars do you like? I don’t want them as meal replacements- just a way to get in more protein. So preferably not through the roof in calories.

41311 005

For lunch, I had a BBQ chicken salad with tomato, feta, flax seeds, and black beans for 7 points.

41311 006

For a sweet ending, I had strawberry Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of strawberries for 3 points.

41311 007

I was craving chocolate later- so I had a small Reese’s egg for 2 points.

41311 008

On my last break, I was super hungry- so I had 1/2 cup of grapes for 0 points.

41311 009

And a Fit & Active string cheese for 1 point.

41311 010

Once work was finally over- I called hubby and he was almost home!! So nice to have him home early this week! Smile

So I got to making a quick supper. I was hungry ALL day. I don’t know why? But I made chili dogs with all of the low calorie ingredients. I had 2 of these for 8 points.

41311 014

I also had some chips and guacamole made with Tostito’s Dip Creations Guacamole mix that I got for free through Food Buzz. This was 7 points.

41311 013

Hubby and I were both impressed with it! We both liked the flavor. We have been looking for a good guacamole mix- and I think we’ve found it. I really like that it’s all natural and the ingredient list is short. Be sure to check it out!

And for dessert, I had a Blue Bunny mint grasshopper ice cream sandwich for 4 points. These are the same Points value as Skinny Cow’s- which I find interesting…

41311 016

And after that I had a tummy ache. Winking smile But it made all of my crazy cravings I’ve had today go away. I’m done eating for the night- most obviously. I used 15 weekly points! Holy Mackerel, Batman!

But that’s what they’re there for. And I’m not going to beat myself up or feel guilty about it.

My percentages were a little weird today because I didn’t really push the high protein thing so much- 49.46% Carbs, 24.28% Fats, and 26.26% Protein.

Hope you’ve had a great Wednesday!

17 comments :

  1. I have days like that where it seems like no matter what nothing fill me up. It looks like you made good decisions for your eats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me today! I call it my "bottomless pit day". Nothing I eat really gets me full.
    Congrats on the loss! Your hubs is right--it's a loss, celebrate it!
    I see you have a few things from Aldi (protein bar and string cheese)--one opened up near me a few weeks ago and I'm so happy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is moving in the right direction so that is a good think A. Keep on plugging away right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Targets brand Archer Farms has a ton of yummmmmmmy flavored coffees. Ive loved all that Ive tried. They have a chocolate brownie or choco fudge that is good and their coconut smores (well something coconut anyways) is SOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the chocolate truffle coffee from Folger's. SO GOOD.

    I also get the protein bars at Aldi - the Chocolate PB ones are awesome (also 5 pts). They also started carrying last week the Chocolatey Chip ones (sort of like the Special K chocolatey chip variety) and those are only 4 points. I use them as a treat at night, dipped in some of that chocolate truffle coffee.

    I was hungry all day too. I didn't dip into my weekly points but came dangerously close. for some reason I was just plain hungry.

    Love the pics!

    Colleen
    Goodbye, Fat Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, congrats on the loss!! OMG, I'm having one of those afternoons where I could seriously eat everything!!! hehe I've had healthy food all day but I think I've just been working out too much. Anyway, seeing all your food today, umm YUMMMY!!!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I think I've said this before: I love how your meals always look fresh, healthy, well balanced and you allow for a little treat, that's what makes this sustainable. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't buy store bought coffees anymore. I'm totally spoiled by my handmade Technivorm coffeemaker, Barratza burr grinder, and roasted-to-order gourmet coffees from 1. Terroir Coffees and 2. Paradise Roasters. Best birthday present evah. Coffee is amazing. I get to brew it up within days of roasting when it arrives. Tastes great for 3 months if I order various bags. And I can actually taste the flavors taht coffee snobs talk about all the time--the citrus, the floral, the nutty, the cocoa, the dark chocolate, the leafy or tobaccoey or whatever. I go for the sweeter light to medium roasts that fall into the chocolatey-nutty or floral/fruity categories. My fave coffees come from Brazil and Ethiopia (though I like some Indonesian and Costa Ricans, too). Not much into Kenya or Columbia. There's a nice Rwandan I order from time to time that's in the "herbaceous" category and it has a very clean, fresh, grassy tone.

    Anyway, just to say that when I did get storebought, I'd head to the Italian market and get some Segafredda or Melitta. But I am spoiled now. I love my freshly roasted gourmet brews. Totally worth 12 to 18 bucks a bag for that incredible taste. Makes me not miss desserts. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to always buy Skinny Cows, but then I realized a lot of the Blue Bunny stats were about the same and they were a lot cheaper. I like to get the sandwiches because of instant portion control. Congrats on the loss - you are doing awesome. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have a local coffee shop near you? I would purchase fresh roasted beans. It really is going to be waaaaaayyyyy better than anything you can buy in the store.

    Or at least get a grinder (preferably burr) and whole bean at the store to grind your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I buy That Starbucks coffee all the time and love it. Currently I have the Vanilla one. Smells awesome. The ice-cream sandwich looks so deish. Might have to pick some of those up this weekend. It does seem that sometimes the "diet" versions aren't as good as you'd think as far as low in calories and things. Maybe the Blue Bunny one is a slightly smaller serving? - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM, that grasshopper sandwich looks so good! never heard of them...

    Ah I totally have days where I'm starving too...tomorrow is a better day :) Plus, that wasn't a horrible day of food, it could have been WAY worse!

    Ok, for coffee, we are obsessed with our keurig, and our fav flavors are vanilla biscotti and donut shop bold! SO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Lori said about coffee. The difference is really unbelievable. I also enjoy my Keurig coffee pot. Can get a variety of coffees and have something new each day.

    Congrats on the loss!! That's over half a pound. Woohoo!

    As far as protein bars, I haven't found one that I adore. The Atkins bars are pretty tasty and low in carbs but not real high in protein. But if you are craving a sweet, it's a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband is SOOOO right! "what's wrong with that?" It's a loss, and any loss in a good loss!!!!! Congratulations on another "downward" week Alissa!! And I have hungry days like that (usually when I'm hormonal - sorry if that is TMI) and I feel like I could eat a small house. And then have the yard too! :) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dunkin Donuts coffee is my go to...I LOVE IT! I see you have BBQ chicken salad a lot and it always looks wonderful!

    Congrats on the loss...a small loss is better than nothing!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still a loss, congrats :) Have a great week!!!

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Kashi, Atkins, Luna and GNU bars.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...