SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Saturday Update

Happy Saturday! Smile

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had to go into the office all day, came home for a couple of minutes and headed out again with hubby. We didn’t get home until late last night. So I was literally gone all day. So that’s why there was no post last night.

I got a lot of compliments at work yesterday. Lots of “You’re getting so thin!” and “Your face! I can’t believe how different you look.” Someone actually said, “You have lost A LOT OF WEIGHT, you’re getting so thin!” in front of a group of about 15 new employees when I was being introduced to them. I was slightly embarrassed- but proud. lol. It’s good to get feedback like that. It makes me know that I AM getting somewhere. Plus, this is the first time anyone has ever said “thin” when they talked about me. I must be starting to take a little different shape and that’s a good feeling!

It’s been about 9 months since I started working from home. That’s time for a lot of change, both physically AND mentally. I really do feel like I am a different person since then. I am happier and more myself. I think that might take some people by surprise. I am honestly a happy, friendly, talkative and genuinely nice person- once I come out of my shell. I have never been good at making friends. I don’t know why? As embarrassing as it is, I just don’t know how to do it. I get a long with people, have great conversations and really hit it off with some people- but I don’t know how to actually be “friends” with them outside of the environment that I meet them in. I always feel like if I would be like, “hey we should hang out sometime” or invite someone to do something that they would think I’m weird. Self confidence issue? Maybe. But I have talked to people about maybe taking a fitness class together or something when we’re talking about how fun it would be to take a class, and they don’t really go any further with it, which makes me feel bad. So any advice for me? It is hard to find people with similar interests too. I guess I’m a nerd. lol Embarrassed smile

Moving on…

If you’ve been reading my blog for A LONG TIME, you would remember my struggles with the vending machine at work. They sell these cookies that are like homemade and so delicious but about 4 times the size of a regular cookie- and you get TWO of them. I used to struggle with those so much.

I packed my own snacks for work, I didn’t eat all of them- but they were there if I wanted them. I ate a good breakfast, very high in protein, before I left for work at about 5 AM and I honestly wasn’t HUNGRY until my lunch time. I did eat one clementine on my first break, had a grilled chicken wrap from Sonic for lunch with a cup of grapes, and a clementine Greek yogurt on my last break. On my last break, I was tired and feeling exhausted, and I have learned that when I feel that way I crave sugar. I looked at those vending machines- said “no way, it’s not worth it” to myself and left the room. Things have changed!

So I guess that’s all I really have to say. Just an update that I’m still here. Have a great weekend!

7 comments :

  1. Aaaahh the vending machine. How I used to love thee, let me count the ways:

    You provided me all the yummy, sugary, processed tastes I desire. So non-judgmental. You didn't care that I was fat. No looks of "do you REALLY need to have that" while dropping my lard laced delicacies.

    Then I realized how heartless you were. Your tasty treats lured me in and it was hard to stop. I started to borrow money from coworkers to pay for my habit. It's just not working out anymore. I am getting out of this abusive, addictive relationship for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time meeting people too. I ended up joining a local MOMS Club and met a lot of friends that way--using the kids as an excuse to get together for play dates :)

    Way to go on avoiding the vending machines--it's clear that you've made your health a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that they noticed, and you should feel proud!!! I would embrace it :)

    As for the friends - I suck at it. I have one close friend and then I have the occasional people I'll go out with from work. But that's rare. I actually am hoping to meet people through my classes at the y or at my yoga studio.. at least there we have a common ground... but seriously - as an adult, getting older, making friends is SO HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I love when people give you weight loss compliments...it means your hard work is being noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the a-ha moment with the vending machine!

    I'm the same way with making friends, especially after graduating from school, I'm wondering how adults make friends... lol sad. But maybe to those people you talked about taking a class with, say you're taking a certain class at this time and that they should join you. Maybe if you are already going regardless that'd make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the comments that you received at work. What a huge boost to your confidence! And very proud that you turned away from those yummy sounding cookies. You have definitely changed for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah on the compliments. Vending machines are EVIL!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...