SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 1, 2011

Reducing Portions

Finally FRIDAY!!

I wanted something light for breakfast this morning, so I had an AE Dairy Clementine Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup of Fiber One and a sliced banana for 7 points.

4111 001

I wasn’t all that hungry this morning, but I was thirsty- so I drank lots of water.

Before signing in to work, I made a cup of coffee with Half and half for 1 point.

4111 002

The morning went very quickly- and we were slower today, so that was a nice break!

I was hungry by my first break, probably since it was a higher carb breakfast. (I am learning so much!) So I decided to get in some protein and fats. I made a “green” smoothie, a little differently this time. 3/4 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blackberries, 1 1/2 cup spinach, along with a scoop of protein powder. It was the prettiest purple before adding the protein powder- and then it looked like a chocolate shake!! But really, it is a green smoothie! lol 3 points.

4111 003

I like the vanilla- but I miss the flavor of the fruits. I may have to look into a plain protein powder.

I also had 1/2 oz. dry roasted peanuts and 1 oz. of 2% sharp cheddar for 4 points.

4111 004

That definitely kept me full.

For lunch, I had a salad made up of lettuce, tomato, broccoli slaw, feta, a Tyson breaded chicken breast, and light ranch for 7 points.

4111 006

I also had FF/SF chocolate pudding for dessert for 2 points.

4111 007

I got a UPS delivery today that I am excited about I recently won a giveaway from Connie for Tae Bo Dvds! I love these! I can’t wait until I’m feeling better and I can start exercising again! Smile Thanks!

4111 008

We used to do these in high school, when I felt awkward about working out and was embarrassed. I used to hate PE, but I LOVED it when we did these videos. So I have good memories of them. Smile

I was hungry on my last break, so I had a slice of swiss cheese for 2 points.

4111 009

I was happy when hubby got home- but I wish I could have gotten off work early- no such luck!

Once I was done working, we went out to eat at a new restaurant. It was a local place and there weren’t many options on the menu. I had an open faced beef sandwich and baked beans. I ate 1/2 of the plate of the beef sandwich. This was 12 points.

4111 012

I also had a diet Pepsi.

4111 011

I really think it is all about reducing portions. Should I eat this everyday? No, probably not. But I ate 1/2 of what I used to eat. I ate just enough and I wasn’t stuffed. Just satisfied. I was proud of myself for only eating half.

After that, we noticed the local ice cream shop opened up, so we stopped there. I had a snickers blizzard type thing. I ate 1/2 of a small and put the rest in the freezer when we got home. I am estimating this at about 7 points. Same thing with this- hubby and I both saved 1/2 of our ice cream- we used to each eat the entire thing. Maybe next time we will split one! Reducing portions!

4111 013

So it was a night of a little splurge. Everything tasted delicious! I used some of my weekly points.

There was a beautiful blue sky and the most amazing puffy white clouds this afternoon! It looked like a summer day.

4111 010

That’s all for tonight! I hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments :

  1. A great day, Alissa!
    You are so right about reducing portions. I notice that I'm often satisfied with less, but I still have that "clean plate" mentality! Gotta work on that!

    Glad hubby is home! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! All looks good. I like Tae Bo too... I have them on VHS lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a tasty day :) portion control is hard. Even after we feel like we've mastered it. One of those things to keep working at. Great job:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to love Tae Bo! I am going to have to go dig them out of the closet now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! You are doing great with with your eating and portions! Have a great weekend with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome day! Portion control is paramount!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day. Yay for being aware of portions. (I grew up being told to clean my plate, so it's not easy to eat half of something. I've gotta work on that) Glad hubby is home, enjoy your weekened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right--giving up what you love is no fun at all. Portion size is key. I was also a member of the "clean plate club" growing up so it's a hard thing to relearn.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...