SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Plan

I need a plan if I’m going to get out of this rut that I’m in. I can’t call it a plateau because I know I’m not giving it my all. I’m eating the wrong foods and too much of them. I’m not saying “no” to foods I know I shouldn’t have on a regular basis. I’m not even exercising like I used to. But I could go on and on and list all of the things that I’m doing wrong but that’s not going to change anything. Acknowledging I have a problem is the first step.

  • I have not been getting in enough fruits and veggies. I really don’t know what happened here because I used to get a ton in. I think I’m tired of all of the winter fruits. I need to stock up this weekend on a variety of fruits and veggies.
  • I need to say “no” to myself more than I say “yes.” No more chocolates and sweets if I can’t limit myself.
  • I am going to write down everything that I eat BEFORE I eat it. I’m not just going to enter it online anymore. I don’t have access to WW.com at all times of the day, but I can carry a little notebook with me and I think this will help me be accountable.
  • Try to plan all three meals before hand.
  • Schedule my workouts again.
  • Use the Biggest Loser tip and chew Extra gum when I get that sweet craving.
  • Try to blog and read blogs more frequently again. It’s gotten busy and I haven’t had the time but I really do miss the encouragement and motivation that I receive.
  • Remember this is for my health, not just for how I look.

I went to the eye doctor today and I’m glad that I went. I have peace of mind. When I told him what was going on he said, “That doesn’t sound good at all.” So that was a little scary. They looked at my eyes and took pictures of my retinas. Turns out, my eyes are very healthy. He said the spot that I am seeing must be fibers that have clumped together and what I see is the shadow from that. He said he’s had one for years in one of his eyes. I may get more. This one may break up and I won’t notice it anymore. It’s just annoying, but there’s nothing that can be done about it. Turns out that I have a correction for the first time in my life also. I am nearsighted mostly in one eye. So I have a prescription. I’ll get a pair of glasses that I won’t have to wear all of the time, just when I think I need them (at school, driving, etc). But he did say they would help with driving at nighttime because I have a hard time with lights blinding me. So I’m glad everything is ok! :)

We’re expecting 4 inches of snow tonight which is just weird after such nice weather! But we do live in Iowa and it’s to be expected. Did I mention I wish we didn’t live here? haha Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for sticking by.

3 comments :

  1. Oh I perefer you wear the glasses ALL THE TIME. Regardless of what they say! I started with -0.25 in my left eye and they gave me glasses with same dose of advice. It becomes impossible to remember to wear it while driving, reading etc. And so I ended up with -1 in the eye and stuck with glasses for life! Please be careful. This was not meant to scare you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your plan is a good plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your eyes are okay!! That is always a scary thing, but it was good that you went adn got it checked out anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...